Thread: Screw Busy-Circle Mod

1. #1 Screw Busy-Circle Mod 
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Virus_Nyne's Avatar
    Ok, so it was a simple touch up PSPUpdates let us know about. It was a good idea. I didn't like how it messed up my battery from cigarette to rainbow. I took it upon myself to correct this.

I have modified the whole RCO, every single icon it had to offer, my 3.10 CF RCO mind you, to use all red battery bars, an even brighter red busy bar, a red HOLD icon, and a red mute icon. You will even notice the cross and circle icons are red too, try deleting an image from the memory stick(of course, from the XMB) and look at it good when it asks for confirmation. It all matches, and it's yours to use to. I accept no responsibility of any bricking that may result, so I'm letting you know it came off of my 3.10 OE and you use it at your own risk.

This also makes it much easier to change it to whatever color it is you want these icons to be, since exporting these files caused you to have a plain white with black border image using RCOIcon Editor 1.5.

Other than that, here it is.

EDIT: READ THIS BEFORE FLASHING

I'm going to tell you the obvious - backup your system_plugin_fg.rco before using this one if you choose to do so. I will also walk you through the steps of installation.

Since I have 3.10 OE, I use the manual method, and is the only way I will explain. Do the smart thing and only replace one file at a time, checking it as you go along.

Turn off your PSP completely.
    Hold R on your PSP and boot it up to Recovery.
    Go to Advanced Options.
    Go to the first option, toggling USB for Flash0.
    When you open up the folder for Flash0, go to the VSH folder.
    Go to the resources folder.
    Find your system_plugin_fg.rco file, right click it, and click copy.
    Choose a place somewhere on your computer you will remember easily, then right click in that folder and paste it there.
    Then, drop my uploaded file into your vsh/resources folder, and overwrite.
    Go to your PSP, select "Back" and then select exit.

You should now have red icons. Test them all by putting your PSP in hold, mute it, and look at the icons. Go to a file on your memory stick in photos, videos, etc. and press triangle. Select delete. You should have a red circle and a red X, and in some areas(when choosing a network connection in the browser) even a red triangle. Your busy icon should be red. Your battery should be red.

If you didn't make it past the boot, turn your PSP completely off, go back to the vsh/resources folder, and put back the file you pasted, overwriting it. You should be good to go from there.

EDIT II: I made a blue one for DarkED and Justin, here.
    Hardass Extraordinaire - Mad And Nocturnal

Junior Member PSP User
    It looks good man...doesnt go to well with my theme, but otherwise its good

Thanks. I came by to drop some screencaps for you all.

And safi, all you have to do is take the RCO Icon Edit, extract each red icon, and modify them, making sure you go into paint and save them as a 256 color BMP. Then, go back to RCO Icon Editor, and replace them. Bam, there's your matching colors. It was damn near impossible to do that because when you extracted them, all you would get was a white square. If you extract them from this RCO, you get the red color to show you what to modify. I want to see some blues, some yellows, even some purples, people!

And now the proofs, but naturally I can't show you the HOLD icon in all it's glory:

You will have to download these due to filesize restrictions:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/f97avm
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/av85lh

Open those in paint.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker DarkED's Avatar
    Those icons are nice. I think (if you don't mind) I might rip em and turn em blue to match my 01-12.bmp. I especially like the busy animation and the Hold icon.

I like your Unreal font Where did ya get that?

(Big Unreal / UT fan here...)

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    darked, wanna send me those blue ones as well? when you make em? they may match my set... which is basically blue (for now)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkED
    Those icons are nice. I think (if you don't mind) I might rip em and turn em blue to match my 01-12.bmp. I especially like the busy animation and the Hold icon.

I like your Unreal font Where did ya get that?

(Big Unreal / UT fan here...)
    Jeeeah. They should convert over easily. Extract them using RCO, and do it singularly not using extract all, else you get about 4x the icons. Color them, then go into paint, and save them as a 256 color bitmap. You don't have to name them anything.

Then go back into RCO Edit, open up the RCO, and replace them. It doesn't need you to save anything, once it's been replaced it's done. Then copy over and fellate over minute matters.

I got the font off from some pack or a thread somewhere on psp-hacks. If you want it I'll sendspace the ltn0.png.

EDIT: I made you guys a blue one, just tested it, worked for me. It's the second edit of the first post. Enjoy.

Attached is a zip containing the blue RCO, along with all the images included in there so you can get started without having to go some hassles to get the images.
    Attached Files

Senior Member I Modded My PSP EviL OnE's Avatar
    thats sweet o and im a huge fan of UT. if anyones got an xfire and wants me to own them in UT2003 pm me. well see if we can work something out
    "Pleasure spiked with pain"

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Gameunreal's Avatar
    excellent unreal font mate..

Funny how this went from a custom colored RCO to a font.

Is there a way to have my font display properly on the browser? I don't mind it being modified, but alot of the shit just runs off of the page and I miss alot of information.