Thread: Any Rules Against..

1. #1 Any Rules Against.. 
    Selling/Buying Avatars/Signatures/Banners/Wallpapers etc.?

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    i wouldnt think so, but theres a gray area surrounding it. mostly the use of copyrighted images in the artwork. it would have to be totally original in order to be legal
    R.I.P Zoidberg

MJC
    why u wanna buy something

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker urineanus's Avatar
    are you serious?
    you could right click and save to your computer and then use whatever image for free.
    I suppose you could pay someone to make you a sig or something if your PS skills were that weak.
    Really I think this is all-around kind of a dumb idea.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker adam's Avatar
    i think he forgot a slash between buying and avatars

Quote Originally Posted by urineanus
    are you serious?
    you could right click and save to your computer and then use whatever image for free.
    I suppose you could pay someone to make you a sig or something if your PS skills were that weak.
    Really I think this is all-around kind of a dumb idea.

Yes, I'm serious. And If you'd really like to use an image that says preview all over it, then go for it. Because people that see your PSP will see that you decided to rip it off the internet with it having "preview" all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by julia
    i wouldnt think so, but theres a gray area surrounding it. mostly the use of copyrighted images in the artwork. it would have to be totally original in order to be legal
    I can see where your coming from.. Then I guess I could possibly use copywrighted images and recieve a "donation" for the work?

what the hell are you talking about? a very small % of web images have a preview layer all over them. You should get a hold of yourself, as well as a copy of PS if you are so worried about being original. There is also a wallpaper thread here that is for the purpose of sharing wallpapers in the community, Jackass.

what the hell are you talking about? a very small % of web images have a preview layer all over them. You should get a hold of yourself, as well as a copy of PS if you are so worried about being original. There is also a wallpaper thread here that is for the purpose of sharing wallpapers in the community, Jackass.
    You're being illiterate.
    I'm talking about desiging my OWN PERSONAL images, and selling them. And, what the hell does "a very small % of web images have a preview layer all over them" have to do with anything? You're completely ill-minded. The reason for having the preview layer is so that people don't "right click and save to your computer and then use whatever image for free". Oh, and no, that doesn't stop an individual from actually using the image, it just makes them have to deal with the word "preview" all over it, and I'm sure that nobody wants to have that all over their background.

I'm not going to have an "e-fight" with you anymore. Just because you have nothing positive to say about my idea, doesn't mean you have to completely grind it into the ground, Asshole.

you did not make it clear that YOU were intending to design and market images. Seemed to me that you were looking to buy others work. And the preview thing can be worked around by opening the image in PS, by almost anyone with a little knowledge of the software.

And I don't think anyone will buy your work, when there are several people here that make sigs/avatars/wallpapers for others without charging them.

unless you are a hands down badass with graphical design.

you did not make it clear that YOU were intending to design and market images. Seemed to me that you were looking to buy others work. And the preview thing can be worked around by opening the image in PS, by almost anyone with a little knowledge of the software.

And I don't think anyone will buy your work, when there are several people here that make sigs/avatars/wallpapers for others without charging them.

unless you are a hands down badass with graphical design.
    Selling/Buying Avatars/Signatures/Banners/Wallpapers etc.?

I completely understand, but I'm sure that anyone who's willing to purchase the image is not going to go through the effort of attempting to remove the PREVIEW's. And yes, I'm aware that people here do make them for free, But If by some chance one of the "desperate-looking-for-specifically-unique-psp-background" users on these forums, see's an image of mine they like, they might just like it enough to purchase it, and that is where my idea came from.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    last time i saw "preview" on an image was when i was looking for p0rn... but cmon seriously, why are you guys fighting? it is a stupid idea to sell pictures or sell wallpapers and avatars when you can request them and people will make it for free

(PS - before my thread was locked... also p*orn is blocked)

Quote Originally Posted by justinisloco
    last time i saw "preview" on an image was when i was looking for p0rn... but cmon seriously, why are you guys fighting? it is a stupid idea to sell pictures or sell wallpapers and avatars when you can request them and people will make it for free

(PS - before my thread was locked... also p*orn is blocked)
    I agree. I've decided to design requests for practice, and if people are really satisfied, they can donate money to me (not that they have to, but just an option)

What if the p*orno request is private?

Ya the filter is dumb, not just because it sucks. it is literally dumb. It took like 20 minutes for everyone to figure out ways around it, and to pick up on what it does not block; rendering it useless.

Shout out to Bender for putting another locked thread under his belt.