Thread: Tutorial: How to install Cintro Mod (coldboot video) on your Custom Firmware

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Tutorial: How to install Cintro Mod (coldboot video) on your Custom Firmware 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker mime's Avatar
    How to install "Cintro Mod" on your Custom Firmware

Ok I'm going to explain how this work, as you all know whenever you turn off your psp and turn it back on; you'll be welcome by the "coldboot" as seen on this picture below:With this mod you can have your customized coldboot, made by Brittany or you PLUS a coldboot Cintro / video clip. This video clips files are '.PMF" Just like gameboots files

Coldboot:

Lets get started now:

Supported Firmwares:

3.02 OE-A
    3.02 OE-B

3.03 OE-A
    3.03 OE-A'
    3.03 OE-B

3.10 OE-A *Kajo5ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢à ƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡à ‚Â¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â⠚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s AutoBoot Plugin v0.3.5 needed*
    3.10 OE-A' *Kajo5ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢à ƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡à ‚Â¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â⠚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s AutoBoot Plugin v0.3.5 Needed*

3.40 OE-A (Tested by me)

Will this brick my PSP? NO. I'll tell you straight forward, Cintro Mod is "flashless" so theres no flashing involved. SIMPLE, so dont come here saying that you did this and then your psp was out of control because you cant fool me. ^^

Things you need to know:
    1. Cintros can be as LONG as you want, theres no limit in length. example: Can be 5min long if you wanted.
    2. This only works on Custom Firmwares, as stated above.
    3. Cintro files are ".PMF" hence, You can use your gameboots as Cintros. I tested it and its 100% fine.
    4. You can have "cintros + customized coldboot" you are never giving up one or the other.
    5. The cintro file MUST be named "intro.pmf" and it needs to be located INSIDE "PSP/SYSTEM/INTRO" folder or it wont work.
    6. I created the Cintro (Intro.pmf) and its included in the INTRO folder, just for you to start using Cintros ^^. After you can delete it and use your own.

Files needed:

=======================================

1. Cintro Mod zip file with all files needed.

http://www.mediafire.com/?0kyjbzyleot

Procedure:

1. Download the file "Cintro Mod" I uploaded myself. Go get it under my "File needed" section.

2. Right click the file and "Select" Extract to folder "Wherever the file is located/cintromod" You should get a folder called "Cintro Mod" Inside this folder you'll find "Root of memory stick" which will let you know the hierarchy of where the folders should be located.

3. Copy and paste the "BOOT" folder into your "GAME" or "GAME150" folder (depending on your kernel settings) just like any other homebrew.

4. Now go back to "PSP" and get into "System". And copy the folder "INTRO" in there.Your done with the flashless process ^_^.

5. Last step ^_^, Now get into Recovery Mode, then go into "Configuration" and enable the following:

* - Autorun program at /PSP/GAME/BOOT/EBOOT.PBP (Currently enabled) < This is how it should look.

** TIPS **
    If you want to have ONLY your coldboot 'video' and you dont want to have the "Original Coldboot" or your "Customized Coldboot" to be displayed after the cintro. Disable the following under "Configuration" same place as autoboot.

* - SKIP SCE Logo. If you disable this; only the Cintro video will play.

6. Now go ahead and EXIT Recovery Mode, then SHUT down your PSP completely and turn it back on and behold the "Cintro" The Cintro was made by me (Saint Seiya) ^^ as you can tell its longer than 2.5 seconds. Which is the lame limit gameboots have.

Your done ^_^!

Mime.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    good job mime, once again, the tutorial master of digital art!

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker HALOBOY's Avatar
    do ya think they are coming out wit dis fo 3.03 OE-C?Im dying for the halo one
    2.60>2.71>1.5>3.03OE-C>Semibrick>1.5>3.03OE-C>3.40 OE-A>REFLASH>3.40-HALO>1.5>3.40-HALO
    Have 3.40 OE-A?SHOW US! edited9/25/07 http://www.pspmod.com/forums/digital...ions-here.html
    Custom Halo PSP

PSPz Hacked:6 Bricks:1 Semibricks:3 Pandora Revives:2

Quote Originally Posted by HALOBOY
    do ya think they are coming out wit dis fo 3.03 OE-C?Im dying for the halo one
    Thanks a lot Justin ^^ I"ll always do my tutorials.. :P I like it.

Haloboy:

No, 3.03 OE-C has no autoboot, and problably never will.. You need to upgrade to 3.40.

You wont lose anything, 3.40 has all the customizations 3.03 has. Its a lot better. The only thing is converting top menus.. but its not that hard.

GOod luck.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP baseball_dude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mime
    No, 3.03 OE-C has no autoboot, and problably never will.. You need to upgrade to 3.40.

You wont lose anything, 3.40 has all the customizations 3.03 has. Its a lot better. The only thing is converting top menus.. but its not that hard.

GOod luck.
    Doesn't 3.40oe-a have lots of errors with it tho? And i love 3.03oe-c becuase ive had it so long.
    My account

Runescape Goals

no ^^ topmenus work perfectly now They have a shadowfix for the shadow errors already. That was the problem but its gone at the moment.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker HALOBOY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mime
    no ^^ topmenus work perfectly now They have a shadowfix for the shadow errors already. That was the problem but its gone at the moment.
    you seriously think I should upgrade?and I wont lose ANYTHING i have now?If so weres the link to install the new version also this wont effect my psp keyboard,camera or custom coldboot progress right?AND ILL FINALLY GET THE HALO CINTRO?????
    2.60>2.71>1.5>3.03OE-C>Semibrick>1.5>3.03OE-C>3.40 OE-A>REFLASH>3.40-HALO>1.5>3.40-HALO
    Have 3.40 OE-A?SHOW US! edited9/25/07 http://www.pspmod.com/forums/digital...ions-here.html
    Custom Halo PSP

PSPz Hacked:6 Bricks:1 Semibricks:3 Pandora Revives:2

Quote Originally Posted by HALOBOY
    you seriously think I should upgrade?and I wont lose ANYTHING i have now?If so weres the link to install the new version also this wont effect my psp keyboard,camera or custom coldboot progress right?AND ILL FINALLY GET THE HALO CINTRO?????

Oh yes, 3.40 its a lot better, more fixes and more psx emulation etc. And no it wont affect your psp keyboard or camera or custom coldboots. Some plugins dont work but the most importants like the capture do work.

Most importantly you'll have Cintro which youve been wanting since long ago. remember the only thing is the convertion of icons.

TO install 3.40 OE-A. I really just downloaded the release and followed the readme.

But DARKED has an easy installer in case you want it I didn ttry that one but I think users did install it successfully.

help....noob..

Good luck ^^

how do you explain this thread http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=85735
    lol. Psx games dont load if you use POPSTATION GUI!
    Which i use and the recovery menu is f'ed up?
    My account

Runescape Goals

Quote Originally Posted by baseball_dude
    how do you explain this thread http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=85735
    lol. Psx games dont load if you use POPSTATION GUI!
    Which i use and the recovery menu is f'ed up?

To tell you the truth :P that person is on drugs.. 3.40 OE-A is a charm for me and everyone ^^. ISO not loading?? I wouldn't have my backups on now, and PSX not running?? I wouldn't have Silent HIll, Need For speed III on now. Also Recovery Mode works... A OE without Recovery mode, thats just a joke..

Dont believe that user, also keep reading people is bashing the poor guy for talking nonsense.

okay parden that post

I might just MIGHT consider getting 3.40oe-a because people have made lots of stuff for them and what about icons and battery and all that customizing stuff?
    I have lots of questions like will as many things be compatible with 3.40oe-a and
    is it the same to put on psx games?
    My account

Runescape Goals

okay parden that post

I might just MIGHT what about icons and battery and all that customizing stuff?
    I have lots of questions like will as many things be compatible with 3.40oe-a and
    is it the same to put on psx games?

Yes, battery works perfectly. The only thing about 3.40 is the convertion of icons and thats not that hard, trust me. I wish we didnt have to but we cant do a thing about it. SOny's fault.

Everything is compatible with 3.40 up to date. And its the same to put psx games on. ISO then convert it to eboot and then into your game/game150 folder.

Same old.

what if i still want my icons right now because there sweet
    My account

Runescape Goals

what if i still want my icons right now because there sweet
    You'll have to convert them into 3.40 and then use them. Theres a thread somehwere in QJ where they converted a BIG LOAD of 3.03 Icons. Go around and see, people is releasing things for 3.40 now that is out. Very helpful.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker adam's Avatar
    so my files wont be lost during the upgrade....is it hard to convert the icons ur self...and the battery stuff?...chance of bricking?...can i go back?
    YOU THINK BEGINNER SHOULD BE MOD!?http://www.pspmod.com/forums/firmwar...some-help.html Think AGAIN!
    READ THIS THREAD!

Follow this thread to earn some free stuff w/o a credit card!
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/off-top...-refferal.html

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast