Thread: My Last problem with 3.40 oea XMB.YAY!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 My Last problem with 3.40 oea XMB.YAY!!! 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker HALOBOY's Avatar
    Alright guys youve been awsome in helping me fix up my last problems in XMB during this week but the last one is so unusual.I have no text in my settings menus!I go to settings and hit X on any of them(USB Mode,Theme settings,system settings etc...)and nothing is there exept for the underlines of the options therefore I cant see my system info unless i go to settings system settings go down tho the second to last line hit x and then all it says is 3.40 Oe-A WTF is dis lol.Also when i go to usb mode theres nothing there it works but nothing shows up and when dlding or deleting files an ugly bar comes up instead of the normal grey stream.Ive tried replacing that usb bar too.sry for the long post i just dont get this it might have something to do with clearing some flash mem cause this happened to my 3.03oe-c on some of the less improtant options but idk.EDIT the web browser doesnt work either.
    2.60>2.71>1.5>3.03OE-C>Semibrick>1.5>3.03OE-C>3.40 OE-A>REFLASH>3.40-HALO>1.5>3.40-HALO
    Have 3.40 OE-A?SHOW US! edited9/25/07 http://www.pspmod.com/forums/digital...ions-here.html
    Custom Halo PSP

PSPz Hacked:6 Bricks:1 Semibricks:3 Pandora Revives:2

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker alfox's Avatar
    after you did the upgrading to 340oea did you format your memstick?i guess you could try that or restore default settings.maybe that would help.btw i also had a problem when i first upgraded to 340oea.everything was good except when i tried playing my iso/cso games including ps1 games in memstick it hangs.i cant seem to play.but with umd game i can so i decided to go back to 1.5 then up to 340oea again and now no more problem....

Quote Originally Posted by alfox
    after you did the upgrading to 340oea did you format your memstick?i guess you could try that or restore default settings.maybe that would help.btw i also had a problem when i first upgraded to 340oea.everything was good except when i tried playing my iso/cso games including ps1 games in memstick it hangs.i cant seem to play.but with umd game i can so i decided to go back to 1.5 then up to 340oea again and now no more problem....
    i cant see the option to format lol can you tell me how many times to go down after hitting system settings.
    2.60>2.71>1.5>3.03OE-C>Semibrick>1.5>3.03OE-C>3.40 OE-A>REFLASH>3.40-HALO>1.5>3.40-HALO
    Have 3.40 OE-A?SHOW US! edited9/25/07 http://www.pspmod.com/forums/digital...ions-here.html
    Custom Halo PSP

ok now bro from the main icon or the settings icon go down 4 clicks then hit x button or the ok button then from the top of the sub icons under system icon if you wanna hit the formatmemstick go down 5 clicks then hit x or ok button and if you wanna hit the restore default settings click 8 times downwards.......

ok now bro from the main icon or the settings icon go down 4 clicks then hit x button or the ok button then from the top of the sub icons under system icon if you wanna hit the formatmemstick go down 5 clicks then hit x or ok button and if you wanna hit the restore default settings click 8 times downwards.......
    format didnt work and after i restored defualt settings the psp crashed and i couldnt read the settings that came after then the psp wouldnt start then went to recovery and it started as normal it had to flash the xmb back im guessing
    Custom Halo PSP

i guess to bro.i think you really have to go down to 1.5 again then go back to 3.40oea.btw if youre doing the upgrade/downgrade thing be sure to have 100 percent and dont use the charger while upgrading/downgrading coz youll get the white bug......

i guess to bro.i think you really have to go down to 1.5 again then go back to 3.40oea.btw if youre doing the upgrade/downgrade thing be sure to have 100 percent and dont use the charger while upgrading/downgrading coz youll get the white bug......
    nah im not gonna loose all my customizations again theres probably something im missing in my folders cause everything else works its just that text.
    Custom Halo PSP

ok now since you dont wanna do that then lets try to analyze.how about you try to change your top menu.wanna try?try to use my latest topmenu in my themes thread.the one under spiderman.use the file for 340oea then see if it fixes the error if it does then i think theres a problem with your top menu...

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    that may just be the top menu your using i had that happen before and changed the top menu and it worked

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker mime's Avatar
    Haloby is clearly your topmenu file. replace it and problem solved,

I bet they erased the TEXT from the settings, theres some icons that have the writing already IN it.. So people that made this themes have to get rid of the text, so unluckily you got one of those topmenu files.

Also if you have a problem you dont have to GO back all the way to 1.5 like alfox said.

Just reflash your firmware which is 3.40 and your good to go. Going back to 1.5 its just too risky and unneeded..

By the way guys, sorry I haven't been around during this weekend.. You know how it is... Weekends are = busy, go out have fun, be with Brittany etc etc.. you get the idea.. So if I miss anything 'question' towards me... I apologize.. Now I need to make the cintros and gameboots people asked for, but not today.. I'll make them tomorrow.

Good luck HALOBOY.

Quote Originally Posted by mime

I bet they erased the TEXT from the settings, theres some icons that have the writing already IN it.. So people that made this themes have to get rid of the text, so unluckily you got one of those topmenu files.

Also if you have a problem you dont have to GO back all the way to 1.5 like alfox said.

Just reflash your firmware which is 3.40 and your good to go. Going back to 1.5 its just too risky and unneeded..

By the way guys, sorry I haven't been around during this weekend.. You know how it is... Weekends are = busy, go out have fun, be with Brittany etc etc.. you get the idea.. So if I miss anything 'question' towards me... I apologize.. Now I need to make the cintros and gameboots people asked for, but not today.. I'll make them tomorrow.

Good luck HALOBOY.
    wow bro i didnt know that it could be done straight to 340oea?hehehe.i stand corrected and thanks for the info bro.......

Your very welcome my friend Im here to help and trust me :P I didnt know that either until not long ago. Im glad I haven't had the chance to do that, so far my psp is behaving good. haha.

Good luck alfox. Its great seeing you around.

yup my friend good for you you havent tried it me the first time i upgraded my psp to 3.40 there was a problem already so i did the long process.good thing it went well and now im floating with my 340oea.hehehe.thanks to you and your advice bro...

Quote Originally Posted by mime

Good luck HALOBOY.
    but you converted and unshadowed my working topmenu(the halo one by sp3ct0r)!lol ne way i tried reflashing it and it didnt work. good to know u showed up as you may have saw i solved my other 2 problems thanks to alfox and Snookao.
    Custom Halo PSP

Quote Originally Posted by HALOBOY
    but you converted and unshadowed my working topmenu(the halo one by sp3ct0r)!lol ne way i tried reflashing it and it didnt work. good to know u showed up as you may have saw i solved my other 2 problems thanks to alfox and Snookao.
    So your having problems with the topmenu I gave you ?? how weird when I tried it it was fine :S. Mmmmmm I wonder if it has something to do about flashing 1-12.bmp that exceeds the limit 'resolution'..

I have no idea what the limit is but if you go over the little that is permited you'll get submenu icons messed up and their text etc.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast