Thread: Logitech PlayGear Pocket Mod Tutorial

1. #1 Logitech PlayGear Pocket Mod Tutorial 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP |TA|SolidSnake's Avatar
    This tutorial is half of one i found and half of mine that i have used to inprove the memory stick holder:
    Im sorry but im going to have to double post since i cant put all the pics in one post
    also can one of the mods plz make this a sticky

If you are like me, you probably have more than one memory card lying around with no convenient way to safely store them while also having them readily available on the go without bulky extra storage devices outside of your standard PSP storage case.

If your standard storage case just happens to be the Logitech Playgear Pocket, this is the answer you’ve been looking for.

Disclaimer:
    Perform this modification at your own risk! Any damage, however unlikely, to your PSP or memory sticks is no fault of my own, and lies solely in your choice to perform this modification, which will likely void any guarantee that Logitech� may have offered with the purchase of their storage case.

Logitech and Playgear Pocket are Registered Trademarks of Logitech.

I recommend that you use the right side

Required supplies:
    – Playgear Pocket
    – A ruler with inches or centimeters.
    – A very fine tipped pencil (either a very sharp pencil, or, preferably, a mechanical pencil).
    – A sharp knife (razor blade or exacto knife, preferably)
    – Crazy glue
    – Fabric, approx. 1.5x1.5 inch(i recommend that you use some thing like the cleaning cloth, must be thin)

Modification Instructions: Part 1
    1. Remove rubber lining from whichever side of the case will be modified (bottom insert for locations A&B, top for C&D).
    2. Lay memory stick on chosen location.
    3. Trace the memory stick outline (make it a square), as closely and accurately as possible, onto the inner surface of the rubber insert with the pencil. Accuracy in dimensions is very important, as the hole cut into the rubber insert must be close enough to hold the memory stick snuggly.

Part 2:
    4. With the razor blade, and as carefully as possible, cut along the very inner edge of your traced line, removing the rectangle of rubber within. Your case should now look like this (red indicates section removed):
    5. With the razor blade still in hand, cut a small notch from one side of the hole to allow room for a finger nail to lift the stored memory stick from its space, like so:
    6. Cut a 1.5x1.5 inch (4x4cm) square of fabric out, then line it up with the cut on the rubber, make a cut in the square fabric so that you will be able to slide the smaller end under the rubber and the othere end will act like a door. Now to make the fabric stay you should use some crazy glue to secure the fabric in its place.
    7. Cut one more 1.5x1.5 inch (4x4cm) square of fabric out, this will be the backing so the memory stick will have more support and will not move around, flip over the rubber inside and make sure the second peice of fabric is the right size, use the crazy glue to make the fabric stay in place, your backing should now look like this
    8. If you were like me and used a peice of fabric that was a diff color othere than black then just do what i did and color in the fabric with black sharpie permanent marker
    9. Replace rubber insert in Playgear Pocket.
    10. Insert memory stick into handy new storage slot.
    11. Enjoy!

2. #2 Logitech Playgear Pocket Skins 
    Logitech Playgear Pocket Skins

Also you might want to try out a skin for your case that way you can hide your memory stick mod and ass even more flash to your case

blank templates

Also try this link alot of nice ones all ready to go: http://boardsus.playstation.com/play...sage.id=595874

All said and done they will make your new case look very nice

jsh
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker jsh's Avatar
    hey thats a nice post alright, ill stick it for ya

thanks bro

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Laoboi's Avatar
    so you just put a graffic on it and then just print? i thought logitech skins were like stickies. so they just go under the plastic, if so thats cool im going to buy one now
    LOOK HERE http://pspformat.1.forumer.com/ join now
    Yeah im azn (>,<);;
    i got a version 2.60 psp ($250), 2 x 1 gig memory sticks($free , 1 x 512 mb memory stick($free) , 2 x 32 mb memory stick($free) , GTA Liberty City Stories ($50), Burnout legends ($50), Midnight Club 3($free) , Star Wars Battlefront 2 ($free) . Metal Gear Acid ($free), Total $350, and $420 of $free stuff priceless.

PS:Willing to test out 2.60 downgraders

thanks. i didnt use your tutorial, but it inspired me to come up with my own idea.

i usually dont use skins with the holes in the middle, so i cut out a piece of rubber i had laying around, and made a fill-in. then i put the memory card in that. this way, i dont have to actually cut a piece out of my playgear pocket

Senior Member I Modded My PSP psp06's Avatar
    thats well good not to good with my hands when it comes to these kinda things but i might give it a try to
    PC: Counter strike source: SA:Pyro:SA
    PSP: Socom (screen name: chris291090

i thought the psp wasnt worth it....then GTA LCS came along

AND YES THATS A BANANA IN MY AVATAR

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker wolf0491's Avatar
    I thought of cutting into it but never got around to it and just stuck the memory sticks into the circle behind the psp. they never came out but now i keep them in my pelican UMD case. It has one UMD shaped holder for two cards.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Misfits6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by |TA|SolidSnake

Also you might want to try out a skin for your case that way you can hide your memory stick mod and ass even more flash to your case
    haha ass even more flash?
    i believe you meant add

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    Hey man Great walkthrough i bought the logitech case today and i thought about that extra memory stick slot... and i notice it didnt brng any and so much poeple recomended it i decided to buy it anywayz soo thanx for this walkthrough man very help full
    Quote Originally Posted by fubar42o View Post
    Damn what a hustler. Kick him while he's down why don't you? .......

nice
    dats tight yo

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Rabitsjag's Avatar
    or ya know what i do is put my extra memstick in the little ring on the bottom part of the playgear pocket. u can see it from the back but who cares

no offence but this mod is monsterous, i love mods, they make it exciting and cool and also remove the weakness of the original psp eg. shit d-pad

but this mod is weird, why not just use the oem package that holds ms pro duo memory cards.....you can put around 2-3 cards in that......then just attach that to a piece of string then the string to the psp

that way it can tangle below the psp like a mobile/cellular phone ornament.

mods are crap if they destroy the psp's key features (portablility)

not being mean, too each their own, but this mods makes the psp look gei

dude 'mrchriz', maybe you shouldn't of gotten the 'logitech playgear', i got one but turns out to be alot bulky then first expected although i bought mine off ebay for $10 new so not expensive so...ohwell.

plus the outside should be the colour bought (i.e black) but its not its a clear plastic case with black lining (looks weird)

only upside to this is that L and R is exposed therefore you can switch songs but when left in your bag it won't have its buttons mushed and have your music fastforward or skip and crap like that.