Thread: Easy Guide to Making Your Own Custom Coldboot/Cintro

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Easy Guide to Making Your Own Custom Coldboot 
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker stef_o36's Avatar
    This Is a Guide For Making Your Own Custom Coldboot

This Messes With the Flash So Use At Your Own Risk!!!

We Can Do This In Five Easy Steps

You will need either Photoshop or Paintshop Pro
    You can get a trial of Photoshop here: http://www.soft32.com/download_346.html
    You will also need Zinga Burga's RCO Editor...get it here: http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1070

1. Go into Photoshop and click on File>New...insert these values:

2.There should now be a rectangle that is either black or grey on the screen...it needs to be black so use the Fill Tool to make it black...

3. Now use the text tool and pick a font you like that can fit in the black rectangle and type the words you'd like to show up on your coldboot, make sure it's in the right spot and pretty in the box cuz if it's cut off then you won't see it later...Now click on Save As and name it anything but save it as a BMP.

4. Now exit out and open up the RCO Editor by Zinga Burga, you will need a decrypted opening_plugin.rco but if you have a custom opening_plugin.rco already then you can just use that one! Now when it's open you need to click on Open RCO and select your decrypted opening plugin. Then you will see this:

5. Highlight tex logo and click on Replace on the right. When in this window, find and select the bmp you made earlier. When the change is made exit out of the RCO Editor (don't worry, it saved it). Now just locate your new opening_plugin.rco file and copy and paste it to your vsh/resource, overwrite the one already in there and enjoy your new coldboot!!!

Note: If you find that your PSX emulation has stopped working then go here to fix this easily solvable problem in Mime's guide: http://www.pspmod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16315

P.S. I know the title says cintro also...i didn't know the difference, but if you want to do that then you can go to another one of Mime's thread's here: help!
    Trust me, if I could make love to my PSP...I would...

Wanna learn how to make your own coldboot? Check out this guide: http://www.pspmod.com/forums/digital...ot-cintro.html

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker alfox's Avatar
    but wheres the guide for cintro?coz the title says cintro and coldboot.hehehehe.anyways this is a good guide i guess our brothers and sisters here can start making their own with this plus a lil practice with photoshop.hehehehe.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker adam's Avatar
    i personally think mime and brittany enjoy making these for us and they turn out better neway...
    YOU THINK BEGINNER SHOULD BE MOD!?http://www.pspmod.com/forums/firmwar...some-help.html Think AGAIN!
    READ THIS THREAD!

Follow this thread to earn some free stuff w/o a credit card!
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/off-top...-refferal.html

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker alfox's Avatar
    yup mime and britts creations are the best no question about it and i guess even with this guide pips here would still make the request to the coldboot queen and the king of gameboot.heheehe.well i guess this thread will be good also for reference just in case some newbies wana learn how to do it....

Super Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Pirate-M.Lifnen's Avatar
    Yeah, wow way to go! You need to be flamed, you took Brittany's idea... Wow! OMG....
    Rules, rules, rules. WinRAR
    The most important thread you'll ever read..

"The mods look like the gestapo; 'do as we say, not as we do.'"

Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirate-M.Lifnen
    Yeah, wow way to go! You need to be flamed, you took Brittany's idea... Wow! OMG....
    You serious my brother?

Half way serious actually. If I get yelled at for making a couple coldboots, this guy needs to be banned or something for "exposing the secrets" and "taking Brittany's(jesus') ideas..."

But, no, this guy, should be praised! Good job man, nice tut, although it's not overly informative, and I don;t know if you know the difference between a CIntro and a coldboot, but they are different.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker mime's Avatar
    Dude PIRATE,

I'll tell you one thing:

Lets say if I OPEN a "REQUEST THREAD"for
    GAMEBOOT LOGO and a REquest THREAD for "XMB SOUNDS" And a request thread for Alfox's stuff. and then since im a smartass I'll open "peteyg" request thread on "battery and volume bars"

Because TRUST ME! I know how to make each and every single one of them and I can even make the text fly to your PSP screen in a coldboot.

OK now think with your brain, YOU THINK thats OK ???

Thats my friend's ALFOX job and I wouldn't give away his secret because logically his effort and help would go to the TRASH..I respect others time and effort helping others. Dont you THINK Alfox would feel SHITTY? and like DAMN My job is GONE now and my effort was wasted.Well next time you do a request i'll personally OPEN a competition and lets see if you like it. Then you'll know how it feels.

Im not beign mean, but im talking HOW a person a human being WOULD feel if the commented above happened.

And sure just like Julie said, theres a lot of threads with help etc etc more styles etc. But I mean come ON PSPMOD is by far the SMALLEST PSP forum around. Competition in such a small place is stupid.

well said MIME...maybe you can talk sense to this guy
    YOU THINK BEGINNER SHOULD BE MOD!?http://www.pspmod.com/forums/firmwar...some-help.html Think AGAIN!
    READ THIS THREAD!

Quote Originally Posted by mime
    Dude PIRATE,

I'll tell you one thing:

Lets say if I OPEN a "REQUEST THREAD"for
    GAMEBOOT LOGO and a REquest THREAD for "XMB SOUNDS" And a request thread for Alfox's stuff. and then since im a smartass I'll open "peteyg" request thread on "battery and volume bars"

Because TRUST ME! I know how to make each and every single one of them and I can even make the text fly to your PSP screen in a coldboot.

OK now think with your brain, YOU THINK thats OK ???

Thats my friend's ALFOX job and I wouldn't give away his secret because logically his effort and help would go to the TRASH..I respect others time and effort helping others. Dont you THINK Alfox would feel SHITTY? and like DAMN My job is GONE now and my effort was wasted.Well next time you do a request i'll personally OPEN a competition and lets see if you like it. Then you'll know how it feels.

Im not beign mean, but im talking HOW a person a human being WOULD feel if the commented above happened.

And sure just like Julie said, theres a lot of threads with help etc etc more styles etc. But I mean come ON PSPMOD is by far the SMALLEST PSP forum around. Competition in such a small place is stupid.
    Well, I totally disagree with you there mime.

But, before my rebuttal, you're going to need to think here... Like, literally, use your brain...

Okay, hopefully this wont send you into babbles and drooling fits...
    I'm not giving away any secrets am I? If I am making them, that just means I know how to make them too...Right?
    "Right, Pirate."
    This other guy, is giving the secrets away...not me... I don't want him to personally, but I'm not going to bitch about it. I am me... I don't get to control him. So, I won't attempt to. Other than cry, and close threads, there's not too much I can do about it.

I too respect other's time and efforts (note all the posts I have saying, that I respect you and Brittany and such). But theres not too much I can do with this guy. But, how exactly does someone else who knows how to make this shit make you feel shitty?...

Meh, I'm going to open up a request thread, just so that you'll make "competition thread." But, I really, won't have a problem with it. After all, my coldboot thread, was made to have others make them too. I made that because I couldn't make them in her thread, and I wanted to make them/ post them somewhere, to have fun... Brittany wasn't threatened by me, so how is this real competition?
    Okay, my thread will be custom loading icons.. So, there you go, knock your self out mime.

Hopefilly, I'll truly know how it feels, to have my life's work, my job, my own THREAD have another one kind of like it...
    Actually, I might just kill myself now, because without my thread...life is pointless

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate-M.Lifnen
    After all, my coldboot thread, was made to have others make them too. I made that because I couldn't make them
    exactly... you dont know how to make them...
    READ THIS THREAD!

Quote Originally Posted by auburntigersfan4life
    well said MIME...maybe you can talk
    That didn't make much sense did it?
    you see, I can take quotes out of context too!

no my quote was the truth...you actually said that in context
    READ THIS THREAD!

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    i think its a good idea to share the knowledge on how to make them yourself, since quite frankly, some people will prefer to make them on their own and play around with their own creative ideas. sometimes people find it difficult to translate a idea to someone else in order to make something in their vision. theres nothing wrong with this thread as it does what all the other tutorial threads do: provide information.

the bottom line in this whole argument is to further customize your psp. it doesnt matter who the **** makes it, as long as its what you want.
    R.I.P Zoidberg

No, I didn't.
    I've fixed it now for the...how can I say this without offending you, but have you still understand it?..."simpler minded" posters around here.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast