Thread: White Box on Gameboot

1. #1 White Box on Gameboot 
    Hey everybody, i just intalled my own gameboot and there is a white box where the Sony PSP logo is supposed to be when i launch game. I saw a tutorial on here that told you how to remove it and i did. The problem is, after following through all the steps, I end up back where i was. Like when i removed the white box by using a debranding opening plugin, it worked. But hten i wanted my old coldboot and cintro back so i followed the instructions and recopied them back on. However after doing this, the white box came back on the gameboot. Anybody know how to get rid of it? Thank you very much.

by the way, i'm runnin 3.40 OE if it helps.

Junior Member PSP User predator91's Avatar
    well i dont know about cintros but as long as you have rco editor and photoshop i think i can help you. open photoshop and make a new picture. The dimensions should be, Preset: custom, Width: 272 pixels, Height: 80 pixels, Resolution: 72 Pix/in (i dont really know about the resolution so i just put it as the one for coldboots...), Color mode: Grayscale - 8 bit color, Background contents: Background color. press ok.then you should have a black box. go to file, save as, and save it as a BMP. Open the RCO Editor and open the coldboot your going to be using. find the "tex_psp_logo and hit the replace button, then select the picture that you saved and close the rco editor, put the new coldboot in your resource folder and the psp symbol should be gone... it worked for me but i dont know about you.

well once again... i dont know if the cintro will make this method not work but you can always try it right?

hope this helps
    Last edited by predator91; 07-15-2007 at 03:31 AM.

hmmm, it doesn't seem to work. When i make the box in ps, its not black, its white.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker the begginer's Avatar
    IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT BOTH PSP PHAT OR SLIM PM ME.