Thread: I'm a bit confussed...

1. #1 I'm a bit confussed... 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP Barry32171's Avatar
    Ok, been reading threads, using the search function, reading more threads.

Do I have to mod, as in downgrade my FW, in order to change the themes and icons on my PSP? Are there progs out there that allow for changing the themes and icons without a full mod? The only reason I ask this, is that I'm a little leery of mod'ing my PSP, right now, and want to take this slow. The first thing I would like to do with my PSP, is change how it looks in the interface, but retain 3.52. (Yeah, I know it is a useless FW, same as the last couple of updates, but I'm taking this slow.)

I know that initial question will make people roll their eyes, but bare with a new guy, and realize not everyone understands as others might.

Thanks!
    "It was only a small dream of the Golden World. Now trot off to bed."
    PSN ID: Barry32171
    Everyone should own: Hot Shots Golf and Pirates! for their PSP.

PS3 Trophies

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Brock_Samson's Avatar
    Na, your post is fine.. it's the rest who ask questions that make you slam your hand.

Messing with the themes is done by flash, with a custome firmwire it allows you direct access into the flash settings where you can set the new themes. There is no way around this. You can use a plugin for mem stick flashing instead of constantly flashing the psp with new icon's ect and risking a semi.

Thanks, WA! I read through your link for using the MS, rather than flashing, and I think I need to reread it a few times, before trying; however, will I be able to start mod'ing after I've already updated to 3.52? (This is probably a more technical question than this board needs, probably should go into another board, but...)

Edit: I guess my biggest issue is will mod'ing effect playing UMD games? I don't see a lot of talk about that, which either means: 1) it is not a problem, and the games work, no issues; OR 2) noone is playing UMD games, and running DL's instead. I think I can assume #1, but my wife always gives me crap about my ASSuming things...
    Last edited by Barry32171; 07-26-2007 at 08:59 PM.

PS3 Trophies

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker dukepoth's Avatar
    Your firmware installed says 3.52.If you have the official 3.52 firmware, you will not be able to do anything with it except for what sony intended it to do.
    If you search you'll never have to ask questions again! GOOGLE

..*SHouldve picked up the Phone..Couldve been sony :S*.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Brock_Samson's Avatar
    I'm sure there is a way to get into flash0 without having to have a OFV, but I'll have to poke around later about that. Since your on 3.52 SFV your out of luck on custom themes at the moment.

For the UMD games it doesn't effect them at all. The only thing it could would be the web browser and thats about it in the end, but it would run just a little "oddly."

If you could check and let me know, that would be great, WA. Guess I'm SOL until someone comes up with some stuff for the 3.52, eh? Oh well... That does suck.

PS3 Trophies