Thread: How to make a .PMF file for Gameboot/Coldboot

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #31 Autostart PRX 
    Essentially the Autostart PRX program is a PRX that you load via the VSH from the recovery menu... You have to have it load two PRX's that will live in your SE plugins DIR.. There is also an EBOOT that you can load to your game folder that allows you to configure how it behaves.

Basically you will have the AUTOSTART PRX load your PMF player on cold boot.. (IT also allows you to assign a button to bybass on boot(for long pmf's))

The autostart is pretty cool to because you can have it launch any eboot on boot.. you can assign button combinations to load different eboots..

heres the install guide

To install:
    1. If you have a previous version of AutoStart.prx installed delete the Config.ROE file in ms0:/seplugins
    2. Put the AutoStart.prx into the seplugins folder at the root of your memory stick
    3. Open your existing vsh.txt and add ms0:/seplugins/AutoStart.prx to it or just copy over the one provided.
    4. Copy the AutoStart Configurator folder into ms0:/PSP/GAME/
    5. Start the configurator from the game menu
    6. Pick your options
    7. Enable the PRX in recovery mode.
    8. Restart and hold the buttons to launch your homebrew

nice sharing

Can someone help me? I think there's something wrong with my version of WinMenc 0.61. Every time I start the program I get a "cannot find mencoder.exe. Please install " alert followed by " cannot find mplayer.exe. Please install". Plus, whenever I want to encode my video, I designate my Desktop as the save location, but whenever I press the "encode" button, I can't find the encoded files anywhere on my Desktop. is WinMenc even encoding? If not, can the problem be that I don't have mencoder.exe or mplayer.exe installed? I've tried looking EVERYWHERE, but I can't seem to find these two .exe's. Any help would be appreciated. ( I should also mention that I am running Vista)

By the way, if anyone still has problems getting UMD Tools to run on Vista, go into the " UMD Stream Composer" folder, then into the "bin" folder. Delete the manifest file in the "bin" folder. Umd Tools should now run on Vista.

4. #34 Vista sux I know 
    Ok... I haven't done this on Vista but I can tell you this is probably your issue.

1rst. wmplayer.exe = Windows Media Player (not sure why it's asking) which obviously comes with Vista. You probably have version 11 which it has no idea about. Since that is an old version of Winmenc. It also doesn't have any idea about the Vista folder structure(next)

2nd. Vista and XP use a different directory to get to your profile(desktop etc).

Windows XP = "Documents and Settings/User name/Desktop'

Vista = "Users/User name/Desktop"

Vista still has these old directories for legacy purposes but won't let you access them. Just manually navigate to "Users/Username/Desktop" and drop your files there...

Have you tried the latest version of Wingmenc to see if it can accomplish the same thing?
    Worst case scenario just load up VMWare on your PC and load Windows XP.

-Mike
    Last edited by yngmike; 06-22-2009 at 02:34 AM.

5. #35 what is the compatible CFW for psp 3006...need help.. 
    Quote Originally Posted by the begginer View Post
    yeah its how you do it but to bad sony umd tools prog. does not work on windows vista home premium.

anybody here can help me in my psp 3006,what is compatible with psp 3006 CFW?

need help badly

Member PSP User
    God I hope this method still works... what a f'king drama though - considering I just want it for my PSX game icons... damnit!
    PSP E1002
    PSP 3000
    CFW 6.60 PRO-B10

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123