Thread: Just Curious About Custom XMB Themes

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1 Just Curious About Custom XMB Themes 
    Member PSP User BloodAngel266's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    59
    I've been browsing through the forums looking at the custom XMBs some of the members have made and I was wondering, is there a program that can be used to make themes as some big theme file, or do they just use Photoshop or GIMP to make each icon separately and have to somehow get the PSP to read them?

    Thanks in advance, and sorry if there's a guide that I may have missed. The search function wasn't as big of a help as I had hoped.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker pokey8349's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,318
    i think you need to mke each icon seperately with Gimp/Photoshop. There is a program which has slipped my mind at the moment which after making the icon then writes it to the specific file - e.g. the icons go to the topmenu_plugin.rco which is in the flash 0.
    Quote Originally Posted by julie View Post
    i can only imagine you making halo references during sex lol

    "oh god... the flood is coming... ahhhhhhh"
    NEW SITE-RECRUITING STAFF JOIN>> www.modifyurpsp.co.nr


    Trust Unto God and He Shall Direct Your Path

    Visit the site for free ISO's and movies! - http://cristgaming.com/pirate.swf
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,334
    Pokey, its rcoedit youre thinking of.


    Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart13
    PWNED BICH DONT EVEN ATTEMP TO MAKE AN INSULT..
    [!]
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker pokey8349's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    Pokey, its rcoedit youre thinking of.
    thats the one, thanks mate
    Quote Originally Posted by julie View Post
    i can only imagine you making halo references during sex lol

    "oh god... the flood is coming... ahhhhhhh"
    NEW SITE-RECRUITING STAFF JOIN>> www.modifyurpsp.co.nr


    Trust Unto God and He Shall Direct Your Path

    Visit the site for free ISO's and movies! - http://cristgaming.com/pirate.swf
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker NuMB3Rs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,968
    i might take a swing at making a theme...
    I hold the Ban Guitar.
    "If a man cannot pee on his fans, I don't want to be in show business anymore"- Dave Chappelle


    Want To Advertise On PSPMOD?
    READ THIS
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,334
    Quote Originally Posted by NuMB3Rs View Post
    i might take a swing at making a theme...
    Its pretty easy, although it takes a while to perfect it. Wheneverim half way through the theme i get bored and start another lol


    Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart13
    PWNED BICH DONT EVEN ATTEMP TO MAKE AN INSULT..
    [!]
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker pokey8349's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,318
    i really want to start making a theme, but i don't really know what style to use. There are alot of vista themes so thats a no, and not many people like football (soccer to you) so can't really do sports - any one have any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by julie View Post
    i can only imagine you making halo references during sex lol

    "oh god... the flood is coming... ahhhhhhh"
    NEW SITE-RECRUITING STAFF JOIN>> www.modifyurpsp.co.nr


    Trust Unto God and He Shall Direct Your Path

    Visit the site for free ISO's and movies! - http://cristgaming.com/pirate.swf
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,334
    Quote Originally Posted by pokey8349 View Post
    i really want to start making a theme, but i don't really know what style to use. There are alot of vista themes so thats a no, and not many people like football (soccer to you) so can't really do sports - any one have any ideas?
    What about an ipod touch? or iPhone? that would be sweet.
    talking about themes, anyone know what file the web browsers graphics are located in? ive never seen anyone change a psp's web browser.


    Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart13
    PWNED BICH DONT EVEN ATTEMP TO MAKE AN INSULT..
    [!]
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP musicalpsp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    326
    changing the web browser would be cool, i'm bored of it
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Member PSP User BloodAngel266's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    59
    Thanks pokey and andromeda. I forgot to mention this in my first post, but when I was searching through the forums before making this thread, there was another thread that listed which image represented what icon (i.e. 1.bmp was the GAME icon, 2.bmp was the MUSIC icon, etc.), but now I can't find it for the life of me. If anyone knows where it is or has a link, that'd be a big help. Thanks.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #11  
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,334
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodAngel266 View Post
    Thanks pokey and andromeda. I forgot to mention this in my first post, but when I was searching through the forums before making this thread, there was another thread that listed which image represented what icon (i.e. 1.bmp was the GAME icon, 2.bmp was the MUSIC icon, etc.), but now I can't find it for the life of me. If anyone knows where it is or has a link, that'd be a big help. Thanks.
    all of these images are in the topmenu_plugin.rco
    You will need to open topmenu_plugin.rco with rcoedit, extract all the files to a folder, then edit them using photoshop or whatever.


    Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart13
    PWNED BICH DONT EVEN ATTEMP TO MAKE AN INSULT..
    [!]
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. PSP Custom Themes help
    By Fanryu in forum PSP Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-17-2008, 10:46 PM
  2. How do i put custom XMB themes in my psp?
    By johneu94 in forum PSP Homebrew
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-14-2008, 08:08 PM
  3. PSP Custom Themes?
    By RyuKisargi in forum PSP Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-30-2008, 12:41 AM
  4. PSP Custom Themes
    By absurdevil in forum PSP Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-25-2008, 11:30 AM
  5. Curious as to Custom firmware emulator combination
    By RocketBoy in forum PSP Software, Firmware & Plugins
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-14-2007, 06:29 PM
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •