Thread: Should guns be allowed in colleges?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Should guns be allowed in colleges? 
    Super Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Pirate-M.Lifnen's Avatar
    Title says it all.
    Should students be able to carry concealed weapons in colleges?
    Rules, rules, rules. WinRAR
    The most important thread you'll ever read..

"The mods look like the gestapo; 'do as we say, not as we do.'"

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    No.
    Why? just pointless, we arent allowed them here, and look. you don't hear crazed wacko's going on killing spree's every now-and-then.

The US has created a bad impression here with its gun crimes.
    Too many people are dying, just to be given the right to carry a gun.

The constitution states that "Every American has the right to bear arms."
    This was only to fight back during the revolution against the British.
    Are the British still in America? No. So why do they see the need to carry guns, especially when the government is protecting them with the biggest defence budget in the world...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart13
    PWNED BICH DONT EVEN ATTEMP TO MAKE AN INSULT..
    [!]

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker NuMB3Rs's Avatar
    ummm no?

thats insane to let anyone to be able to own a firearm in a closed area such as college.
    I hold the Ban Guitar.
    "If a man cannot pee on his fans, I don't want to be in show business anymore"- Dave Chappelle

Want To Advertise On PSPMOD?
    READ THIS

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker
    no. thats when people get crazy.

"You gave me an F?!?!?" *takes out gun*

i agree with andromeda. there is no need for guns anymore

Since the general answer seems to be No (which i agree with btw), what reasons would there be for a student to have a gun? Anyone care to fight on the other side?
    Very funny....not.

Super Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Pirate-M.Lifnen's Avatar
    I disagree, but a lot of people seem to think that having a gun in school could allow students to be protected from things like school shootings.
    The general idea seems to be that there only needs to be one person who carries a gun in every class, not everyone necessarily. So that way if a shooter were to enter any room, there would be one or two people to defend the class room.

Also, the constitution allows for citizens to carry guns so that in the event of the government becoming too powerful, citizens can react, form their own militia, and take over/down the government in that case.
    It was more than just for fighting the British, America set up rules so that no government would ever be too overpowered in America, and no American would need to hide/abide by harsh and unfair laws set in place by the gov. The legal ability to overthrow the government is of course rendered pointless when the vast power of the US's armed forces is to be brought in to fight the militias.
    Although I do agree that guns in America is fucking stupid. The UK has it right.
    Rules, rules, rules. WinRAR
    The most important thread you'll ever read..

"The mods look like the gestapo; 'do as we say, not as we do.'"

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker drew00629's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ctighe View Post
    no. thats when people get crazy.

"You gave me an F?!?!?" *takes out gun*

i agree with andromeda. there is no need for guns anymore
    wow! Im truly stunned by that comment.
    Are you saying that the mentally stable people who get bad grades would just start shooting people?

All you people are saying that 'oh but what if this person went into a classroom where someone didnt have a gun?'... flip it.. what would happen if this person went into a classroom where someone was carrying a gun?
    That has the potential to end the shooting before it started.

I do believe however, that if students get the right to carry concealed weapons, they must first take a basic firearm safety course.
    The worst possible thing that could happen is if a person who is untrained and could not handle a firearm and accidentally injured someone.

More guns = more dangerous.
    If someone wanted to shoot up a school and knew that 10% of the students carried guns he would just kill everyone without discretion because he/she would be worried for their own safety. These people arent too stable to being with so any threat to their security is going to cause them to react with more violence. Most shootings are all about control anyway. Someone who has never been the "cool kid" or has always been picked on wants to be able to control people, wants to make them feel inferior to him/her.
    Very funny....not.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada2113 View Post
    Most shootings are all about control anyway. Someone who has never been the "cool kid" or has always been picked on wants to be able to control people, wants to make them feel inferior to him/her.
    EXACTLY! They want to be able to feel the power over people. If they knew students ALSO had guns, they wouldnt have that power feeling. they would be evenly matched, and therefore would feel inferior.

If someone comes at a crazy person with a gun, the crazy person is just going to kill them without even thinking about it. Threat removed, problem solved. At shootings the killer doesnt usually just go apeshit killing everyone, but if there are students that threaten his superiority he/she is just going to mindlessly kill so there can be no threat.

Most shooters end up doing themselves in anyway, so a threat of death probably wouldnt stop them.
    Very funny....not.

"If someone comes at a crazy person with a gun, the crazy person is just going to kill them without even thinking about it."
    So the armed student is going to pull a gun and go up to the crazy person for a talk?
    I recently flew from california to chicago, and sitting in the front of the plane were two armed FAA agents.
    Why would they put armed agents in flights? answer: to stop the threat before it escalates.
    We can do this three ways:
    we either find the money to allow an undercover police officer in every classroom
    the school can pay for armed guards in every class room
    or we let students carry guns

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker sinphaltimus's Avatar
    What kind of gun? I think every person has the right to protect themselves. So I would certainly be in favor of non-lethal guns for everyone, everywhere. For example, school issued stun guns. Not for students to carry but equpied to desks. Once removed a silent alarm goes off at the security office. Sort of like the break glass in case of fire idea, "Break glass in case of gun toting maniac".

That's my two cents - Kaching

Gaming Art & Design Student - www.digital-church.com

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Major Zero's Avatar
    hmm... Should guns be allowed in colleges...

Who the students? or Security? Ofcourse not the students... Security should most def!! why should the students have to act when the "Officals" don't?

Knifes... F__k Yeah! nothing wrong with bringing a knife to college... a gun and a knife are two very different things... long range and short range... But Major, look at 911 they just had box cutters... Well to tell you the truth, if some dude came at me with a box cutter... I would beat the living ____ out of him.... thats almost as good as nail clippers... "Flight Blah Blah has been Highjacked by Durkas with nail clippers... "

why not beef up the security? no not with automatics but with more FuZZ in uniforms...

"in the event of the government becoming too powerful" yup... by the people for the people... home land security is gone crazy... wire taps, now there might be a camra on every street cornner... what if, now i saying in a crazy way, what if our Gov. fails us? we as the people have to take matters into our own hands... Regulate laws, order.. or our very own protection... from the Street ThUg to the Durka Durka...

No Dissing.. I have a Durka dude as a neighbor and that dude can grow the most potent green i have ever smoked... i asked him whats the secret, he said his family has been doing it for YEARS!!! ...um thats off topic... sorry

Students carry Guns in colleges? NO!!!
    Security carry Guns in colleges? Sure..
    Last edited by Major Zero; 04-22-2008 at 05:17 PM.
    Refresh for more Sigs

Quote Originally Posted by drew00629 View Post
    We can do this three ways:
    we either find the money to allow an undercover police officer in every classroom
    the school can pay for armed guards in every class room
    or we let students carry guns
    Yes, because 20 year old students are just as qualified to handle a hostage situation as a trained guard.... -_-
    The answer to the problem is to bring everyone to the same level, but not by raising the number of weapons on the street.

Quote Originally Posted by drew00629 View Post
    So the armed student is going to pull a gun and go up to the crazy person for a talk?
    The student wont get a chance to talk to the killer, he/she is going to be dead. In most shootings only a handful of people are killed, namely the ones that the attacker saw as a threat. If the attacker sees everyone as a possible threat, he/she would just kill without thinking.

FAA guards are trained to handle situations without violence if at all possible. If someone started some shit on the plane they wouldnt just pull out their gun and start firing. They would try to subdue the person and restrain them without blowing their brains out.
    Very funny....not.

Yes, because 20 year old students are just as qualified to handle a hostage situation as a trained guard.... -_-
    So you would be ok if the person had to take a training course on it? ok, sounds fair.
    FAA guards are trained to handle situations without violence if at all possible. If someone started some shit on the plane they wouldnt just pull out their gun and start firing. They would try to subdue the person and restrain them without blowing their brains out.
    If the guy on the plane pulls out a gun, do you think the agents would stop and talk with them?
    thats the issue were talking about. we arent talking about students with knives, or a baseball bat. people with knives get no where. when i was in high school, and someone tried pulling a knife out, you could bet that i would be the first one there getting that knife. (perhaps thats why i enlisted in the usmc)

I do not believe that a person would attack a school with a gun if they knew other people carried guns. You said that they need to be in control. if they knew that they were not the only ones capable of this, they wouldnt do it.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast