Thread: psp case painting..

1. #1 psp case painting.. 
    Ok, so after ordering a pandora yesterday I've been bored since, so i decided to take my bro's psp without asking and dismantle it entirely. After gutting it I just couldn't get over the idea of painting the case.

I've read around some posts and decided that instead of destroying my psp's original case im going to buy a replacement one, probably seethru type because they're cheaper. I already have a brand new spraycan of Rustoleum Universal Primer and I know how to sand the plastic and then prime.

This leads to painting, im definately going pearl white, as glossy and shiny as can be, I just don't know what brand of paint to get or how to apply it. Would spray paint work fine or should i get some tinned paint and apply it with a spray gun ( I have a neighbour that paints cars who has stuff I can use. and yeh he isn't home to ask these questions)

Also, im thinking of eventually getting something hand painted on the back half of console once white. Will it be easy to hand paint the back after its been sealed with clear coat or should i hold off on that until after handpainting?

thanks.
    sorry for wall of text

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Kaikz's Avatar
    If I were painting mine I would get a clear case and paint the inside so if u painted the outside the paint would chip off or whatever, otherwise if u painted the inside it wouldn't chip and u would have that glass shell look, then get the hand painted logo thing on the back

hmm, I see what you're saying but I don't really want that half a centimetre of clear depth, also if i leave the outside without clearcoating, knowing me i will drop it onto a bed of nails or something else retarded...

I guess I've got nothing but time on my hands seeing as it's a spare case.. just gonna try everything I can. Maybe I will start with that idea of painting inside of clear case only.

Junior Member PSP User
    ^ any update on what you did?

lol this is really annoying me. I have the paints and clearcoat, sandpaper and primer, sketched ideas and have tried the spraypaints on a really really glossy piece of plastic i had lying around (works great). Now I'm still waiting for the spare psp case to arrive from ebay /sigh.

As soon as I get it and finish it i will upload some pics.

Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterArucard View Post
    Also, im thinking of eventually getting something hand painted on the back half of console once white. Will it be easy to hand paint the back after its been sealed with clear coat or should i hold off on that until after handpainting?
    I'd wait to clear coat until after you have done the handpainting, that way either: a. you don't have it un-clear coated or b. Your clear coat doesn't become to thick on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterArucard View Post
    This leads to painting, im definately going pearl white, as glossy and shiny as can be, I just don't know what brand of paint to get or how to apply it. Would spray paint work fine or should i get some tinned paint and apply it with a spray gun ( I have a neighbour that paints cars who has stuff I can use. and yeh he isn't home to ask these questions)
    I do custom Xbox 360 cases, and I either use Krylon Fusion or the like. I used automotive paint one time and it just didn't do the job I wanted it to.

Junior Member PSP User
    Good Idea, but i can't paint