Thread: Basic Web Design

1. #1 Basic Web Design 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    This is a basic web design I made using "Microsoft Paint". I know it's kind of suck. Really had a hard time using other image editor like Paint.NET and GIMP.

(Click on it to enlarge in Devianart)

As of now, I'm going stopped working on it no more and decide to share it off to public.

Disclaimer: Some of the image in the design you'll notice doesn't belong to me, I just add there for previewing reason:
    ► Google Search
    ► Google Adsense
    Last edited by leev18; 03-27-2010 at 02:06 AM.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Killer's Avatar
    Pretty poor to be honest, it would fit right into web design in about 1997. If you want to create modern, good looking designs, you really need photoshop.

Digital Art Competition Mod PSP Mad Hacker darkprodigy's Avatar
    Photoshop would be great, though it is a lot harder to make an entire website in just photoshop, it is possible. I would either recommend using photoshop to make your buttons and graphics for the site and then use source code and put them into it from photobucket or something. Best thing to use would probably be dreamweaver though, its made for website design.
    Just 2cents since that is part of the career path I am taking with my major in school

Well yeah that's what I meant, I design the graphical parts of my sites in Photoshop, then build the code up in Dreamweaver with images from photoshop. The key obviously with web design is to use as few images as possible, do as much with CSS and HTML as you can.

Digital Art Competition Mod PSP Mad Hacker darkprodigy's Avatar
    Yup that's right, and thats how I was learning it, at times it can get too overcrowded with images and sometimes like here, he just doesn't have the layout or really images. Which is something that is really just practiced and learned.

Oh yeah it's not something you just pick up in five minutes, I've been dabbling in it since 2007, and i'm still what I'd call a beginner.

What I do is first plan out a website on paper, then design it completely in photoshop, then work out which elements need to be images, which don't, and which can be tiled or repeated to save on size.

You've also got to be very aware of resolution, and whether you want to create a fixed width site or a liquid layout of some sort.