Thread: theme makeing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 theme makeing. 
    Member PSP User
    I was Google-ing for how to make themes. And i found this

blog.us.playstation.com/2008/06/20/how-to-make-your-own-psp-themes

And If any of you have tried it i would like to know were i went wrong. I was just trying out all the default stuff and when i load the theme onto the psp and then put load it. It dosent look like it should, i think. I mean the wallpaper dosent load, and it just goes by the month theme, and thats not what i was expecting. The icons didnt even change color. So i was just wondering what i did wrong.

Is that a whale?! PSP Elite Hacker fuckingclassy's Avatar
    Do you have Custom Firmware? I ask because the Playstation forums are Nazi against all things creative (CFW, etc). That guide may be for .PTF (Official Firmware, SONY) themes...I didn't click your link; but that's my guess. Making themes for your CFW will be either .CTF, or plain old-fashioned flash0.
    Nintendo Emulators || LED Modifications
    Disclaimer:
    Everything that this user says is fictional and for entertainment purposes only

Member PSP User
    yes i have CFW. So if i want to make a theme for CFW i just have to change how its saved? or back to google with searching making themes for CFW?

.CTF is the theme type that the CXMB theme plugin uses. It's simpler, and since it doesn't write to "flash" you can't get bricks. Google, "CXMB for 'insert your CFW version'".
    Disclaimer:

Member PSP User
    And getting this allows what? (sorry im new and kinda slow to this stuff)
    Last edited by King Zev; 09-06-2010 at 04:59 AM.

The CXMB plugin allows you to use custom XMB themes. Except, they show-up in your "Theme Settings" under your XMB "Settings" tab. Just make sure you get the right CXMB and themes for your CFW version.
    Disclaimer:

Member PSP User
    Alright. I just did a search for CXMB for 3.71 mm33-3 and nothing, it was just a whole lot of "should i upgrade from mm33-2"

Quote Originally Posted by King Zev View Post
    Alright. I just did a search for CXMB for 3.71 mm33-3 and nothing, it was just a whole lot of "should i upgrade from mm33-2"
    Upgrade to 5.00 M33-6. There's a CXMB for sure (I have it) and there's themes galore for this CFW.
    Disclaimer:

Member PSP User
    Alright.. but i dont just want themes, i want to make them. like the thread topic suggested.

Hookah Hog PSP Elite Hacker Sennin's Avatar
    Alright.. but i dont just want themes, i want to make them. like the thread topic suggested.
    Your best bet would to use photoshop for the icons. if you use icons they need to be in .png format. i know this because i started and gave up at the same time.

You make them on the PC, and use/test them with a CXMB'd PSP.
    Disclaimer:

Member PSP User
    i see i see. So after i make all the icons and backround in photoshop, what program do i use to make it all one file. That and i just tried to get that cfw you just mentiond from here

dl.qj.net/psp/hacks-exploits/cfw-500-m33-6.html

and it didnt work right told me i needed to get it from the internet. and my psp has problems connecting to the net. dont know why. no password needed just dosent want to. any help?

forget the whole update for cfw. fixed that. But still on the other issue. how to make the file a whole working theme after i make all the icons?
    Last edited by King Zev; 09-06-2010 at 06:56 PM.

Hookah Hog PSP Elite Hacker Sennin's Avatar
    i see i see. So after i make all the icons and backround in photoshop, what program do i use to make it all one file. That and i just tried to get that cfw you just mentiond from here

dl.qj.net/psp/hacks-exploits/cfw-500-m33-6.html

and it didnt work right told me i needed to get it from the internet. and my psp has problems connecting to the net. dont know why. no password needed just dosent want to. any help?

forget the whole update for cfw. fixed that. But still on the other issue. how to make the file a whole working theme after i make all the icons?
    I'm not sure of any programs to use. Your psp-usb connection should be fixed before you do anything.

Member PSP User
    It's not my usb connection. its connection to wierless internet. no i got the whole 5.00 mm33-6 deal down. i just need a battery thats is 78% full. mine is permanently a Pandora. And anyway thanks for the help! i suppose i will just wait for vanz to see if he knows.
    Last edited by King Zev; 09-06-2010 at 08:25 PM.

Member PSP User
    Well... i got 5.00 m33-6. got CXMB. restarted it in recovery mode, and enabled it. and downloaded a .ctf theme. and loaded it but didnt work. just did the original theme in gray. just took away the color i had. am i doing something wrong?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast