Thread: Spray Painting PSP Back Cover?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Spray Painting PSP Back Cover? 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP jeremylwf's Avatar
    Hi,

I got a silver faceplate but until now nobody sell back cover that matches the faceplate of my psp ! I am going to use automoblie paint to spray paint the back cover. Does anybody know which primer to use on plastic?

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    When painting game consoles I jsut use Krylon Fusion paint. Works great and holds up..

well i personally prefer automobile paint as the paint is made of a high quality. and there are metalitic flakes which looks very nice!

what alla re you painting? The silver ring? Or the whole back?

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    i have to agree with rob on this one. fusion paint is designed for plastic. it sticks to plastic and kinda seeps into it slightly. just sand the part lighty to give the paint something to stick to

if your stuck on automotive paint, i suggest rustolem primer designed for car work, then a few coats of a name brand automotive paint such as PPG followed by a few coats of clear.
    R.I.P Zoidberg

i am spraying painting the whole back cover. I am getting from this website: http://www.paintscratch.com/

this is stupid(my post not the thread), but calling it spraying painting is annoying, its spay painting.

what are u talking about chinese_people? wat spay painting?

youre calling it spraying painting, its called spray painting..

ops! that is a typo error. can ask the admin to change the title as i cant

the best thing to do (imo) is wet sand the plastic with some 400 grit sandpaper, let that dry, throw on a coat of primer (I usually use rustoleum), wetsand lightly with the 400 again, put on another coat of primer, wetsand again, then spray with your paint (I usually use dupli-color automotive touchup paint), let that coat dry, then hit it again with the paint lightly just to get it wet, then hit it with clear while it's still wet. this will give you a nice shiny finish. wait for that to dry, then another coat of clear should get ya. I did this to my 360, and the paint job not only looks great, but it's pretty damn durable too. I was thinkin bout doin this and a led job on the triggers to my psp, but I got other stuff to occupy my time atm (damn you school!)

Senior Member I Modded My PSP die no might's Avatar
    I would try to get the best paint possible cause your fingers are gonna be on the back of the psp constantly so good paint would be a good idea. I dont know crap about paint but that's just common sense.

automobile paint is as smooth as silk. imagine having a psp which more shiny than your friends!

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    if your gonna go through the trouble of painting somethig, do it on something that u can afford to ruin first so u can get some practice in before the real thing. and listen to N8, hes painted a few consoles before and can proly give u the best advice
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Hi,

You mean u apply the clear coat when the base coat is still wet? will this screw the thing up as i read alot of guide and they advise me to let the basecoat dry before applying the clearcoat.

Quote Originally Posted by n8thegr8
    the best thing to do (imo) is wet sand the plastic with some 400 grit sandpaper, let that dry, throw on a coat of primer (I usually use rustoleum), wetsand lightly with the 400 again, put on another coat of primer, wetsand again, then spray with your paint (I usually use dupli-color automotive touchup paint), let that coat dry, then hit it again with the paint lightly just to get it wet, then hit it with clear while it's still wet. this will give you a nice shiny finish. wait for that to dry, then another coat of clear should get ya. I did this to my 360, and the paint job not only looks great, but it's pretty damn durable too. I was thinkin bout doin this and a led job on the triggers to my psp, but I got other stuff to occupy my time atm (damn you school!)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast