Thread: Hello, im very new and i need some help please!

1. #1 Hello, im very new and i need some help please! 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP freerider123's Avatar
    I am getting a psp but i cant figure out what firmware i need to be able to run downlaoded games etc. And what is the deal with the different motherboards eg ta-028 etc i just cant get my head around it please explain..
    Thanks alot!!

the motherboard you are referring to is the TA-082 motherboard. this is usually on the 2.71 firmware model of the psp. if u get the box with it you can check what firmware and motherboard you have by checking the box, look at this link to show how how to check

4g memory

CREDIT TO THE BEGGINNER FOR THIS POST

also, i suggest you try to get a psp without this motherboard as it would be easier to downgrade, also try to get a psp with a low firmware for example firmware 2.00 as these have lower security for homebrewing

3. #3 HEy thanks, still another question 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP freerider123's Avatar
    So, if i get a psp with low firmware i should be able to downgrade easier so i could homebrew?
    Does homebrewing involve downloading games from net and playing them on PSP many thanks again

Hey i got my psp today and it has firmware version 2.5 what should i do ?
    Do i have to downgrade to 1.5 to play actual psp games i have downloaded off the internet
    (not roms)... plz help thanks

Quote Originally Posted by freerider123
    So, if i get a psp with low firmware i should be able to downgrade easier so i could homebrew?
    Does homebrewing involve downloading games from net and playing them on PSP many thanks again
    yes it does, the best firmware available 4 homebrewing i would say is version 1.50. it has minimal security and homebrew compatible.

the only problem is trying to get a psp that has 1.50 firmware. i would say your best bet would be get a psp with 2.00 firmware as there are plenty still about

Edit: plus 2.00firmware can easily be downgraded 2 1.50

Don't double post, use the edit button please.