Thread: Hey there

1. #1 Hey there 
    First post, after many hours spent on this site.

A little about me: single male, caucasian, and of course, rugged good looks.

Location: In the Pacific Northwest, somwhere near the center, or on the edge, depending on who you ask.

Occupation: Computer/Network Technician. Most of my time is spent at work, the rest split between hangin with my best friends; staying home playing my PSP, or raiding in Everquest (booyah, old school still the best school).

Been dabbling in homebrew for a few months (used FW2.60 GTA:LCS workaround for SNES Emulation) but hadn't been keeping up with anything more until this weekend. I had recently updated my PSP to 3.03 in hopes of using the PS Network PSX download feature, and I remembered this site and decided to see what homebrew was available for the PSX side of things. Boy am I glad I did. Yesterday I successfully downgraded from 3.03 to 1.5, upgraded to 3.03 OE-C, and got some misc apps (Pimpstreamer, FileAssistant, SNES9x, etc) working which was awesome. Today, after several hours of research and tinkering, I've successfully eboot'd and played several of my PSX classics that've been unplayed for years.

Thanks for all the good info and I'll be sure to check in often.

p.s. (for all the other newbies) Yes it is possible to do all of it based on current posts and the search tool! It really can be done! Have faith in yourselves! [insert additional encouraging phrases here]

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Major Zero's Avatar
    Sup Dude, Welcome... I did the same thing pretty much, just jumped in and made the Sh__ work. Yeah the Search tool really helps!
    Refresh for more Sigs

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker IONz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruuke
    p.s. (for all the other newbies) Yes it is possible to do all of it based on current posts and the search tool! It really can be done! Have faith in yourselves! [insert additional encouraging phrases here]
    good job, it's rare to see posts like that

Welcome to the forums

"Think for yourself, question authority" - Timothy Leary

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker urineanus's Avatar
    gold star for you sir!

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker outsider's Avatar
    woot! welcome to the forum

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruuke
    First post, after many hours spent on this site.

A little about me: single male, caucasian, and of course, rugged good looks.

Location: In the Pacific Northwest, somwhere near the center, or on the edge, depending on who you ask.

Occupation: Computer/Network Technician. Most of my time is spent at work, the rest split between hangin with my best friends; staying home playing my PSP, or raiding in Everquest (booyah, old school still the best school).

i like taking long walks on beaches, and watching the sun rise, watching grass grow, ping pong, disco dance, i also like to take a trip to capitol city, and watch the ladies while they make a toilet