Thread: Hello PSP Mod

1. #1 Hello PSP Mod 
    I thought it would be proper to say hi for my first post. New to PSP. Just bought one a couple days ago. I've been reading on this forum but I still bought a TA082 PSP with 2.82. I think that restricts my ability to do a lot of cool things but I'm not planning on doing too much to begin with...

Looking forward to getting some more good information for the knowlegeable ones...

Take Care...

Senior Member I Modded My PSP darth vader's Avatar
    Welcome! Having a 2.82 shouldn't limit you much. Just read through this guide:

Madd Kat IS HERE

look for 2.82 and downgrade to 1.5 and back up to 3.03OE-C or 3.10OE-A' and you'll be good to go for emulation, homebrew, media streaming, running backed up ISO off your memory stick, etc.
    _

Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed! The ability to modify a PSP is insignifiicant next to the power of the force.

The Bunny is nothing to The Sith!

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker yaboyryan666's Avatar
    welcome to the forums.
    ░▒▓Dark_Alex▓▒░ is a PSP hacking GOD.
    Dark-Alex.org

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker mime's Avatar
    Hes screwed , the process is longer and risky, he needs to upgrade to 3.03 and then use the GTA downgrader to go back to 1.5. You need the unpatched version of the game

good luck and welcome!

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    if you do want to do anything remember you can change your icons and such in 3.10oe versions yet

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker urineanus's Avatar
    your first step as mentioned is to find an unpatched version of GTA: LCS. The right version will offer the 2.0 update, not the 2.6. Going to a store and buying a new copy of this game is a waste of money/time. Ask around your friends. Go to gamestop with your PSP and ask for used copies, then check what copies they have in your PSP to see if the UMD will offer the 2.0 update under the game tab. I have a copy that is unpatched that I keep around to MOD peoples PSPs that have no ability to do so themselves. I have used that thing on 6 different PSPs in the last month. The fact that someone just gave me a copy of the game is pretty sweet, considering the mad rush of users to find one.

and I am not charging people to MOD their rigs, unlike this butt-hole on craigslist around here who is charging $50 a pop to install 3.1 OE-a, that he damn well knows he got for free. I hook my friends up.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Welcome to the Ferrums!