Thread: new here. just bought psp for 5 dollars

1. #1 new here. just bought psp for 5 dollars 
    my friend had a psp, and he traded it to another friend. after the new kid had it for a while the screen broke. it isnt physically damaged. after the kid realized it was broken, he traded something else to one of my good friends. my friend said he turned it on once and half the screen came on then the battery died.

he sold it to me for 5 dollars. no memory stick. no game. no headphones, no case, or charger. so i have ordered a car and wall charger from bestbuy, and im buying the stock memory card from a friend for another 5 dollars.

my question is what can i do to get the screen fixed. i have taken apart many a cell phones and fixed things. can i replace the LCD myself? or should i find one of those places that i send it to with a money order and send it to them? where can i buy a new screen?

i am mostly interested in the wi-fi capabilities of this. if i dont like it ill probably be ebaying it. i read that the new firmware has better webbrowsing abilities. how can i find out if mine came with it, and if it didnt where can i get it from?

nice to be on this forum, i like it so far. thanks for any help i get in advance.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    replacing the screen is VERY easy, im sure you can replace it with no problem whatsoever, ebay has the LCD for maybe $30-60... theres a tutorial here

do you think

have fun man, wifi is awesome, but everything else is even better!

its so easy to do, my great grandmother can do it, and shes dead!

REMEMBER, VOTE FOR ME!

i just bought a new silver ring for the back (mines scratched) a new lcd for 38 dollars, the soft case that they come with for like 7 dollars and a 4 gig sandisk pro memory card for like 60 some dollars. im gonna try to repalce the screen myself when i get it in.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker yaboyryan666's Avatar
    Welcome to the forums.
    ░▒▓Dark_Alex▓▒░ is a PSP hacking GOD.
    Dark-Alex.org

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker the begginer's Avatar
    yeah bro welcome and hope you have a blast here.
    IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT BOTH PSP PHAT OR SLIM PM ME.

Quote Originally Posted by F1T205
    i just bought a new silver ring for the back (mines scratched) a new lcd for 38 dollars, the soft case that they come with for like 7 dollars and a 4 gig sandisk pro memory card for like 60 some dollars. im gonna try to repalce the screen myself when i get it in.
    It feels weird to keep spending money don't it

yeah i just ordered nfs rivals. i just got paid. now i have everything i need for this in the mail. i just got it apart. now its just waiting for the new screen and perifrials. any tips on plugging the lcd back into the psp. (those 2 orange cables) i can tell they are going to have an attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by F1T205
    yeah i just ordered nfs rivals. i just got paid. now i have everything i need for this in the mail. i just got it apart. now its just waiting for the new screen and perifrials. any tips on plugging the lcd back into the psp. (those 2 orange cables) i can tell they are going to have an attitude.
    IV'e never done it but good luck with that

ok so all the stuff is in the mail. im thinking i would really like to put emulators on this. super nintendo and playstation. but i dont want to but homebrew firmware on it yet, so when i get it going i was just going to do the update to get the 3.03 or whatever is most current, and then go from there. i have a 4gb mem card coming in so i have plenty of room for roms and such. what roms will work without having the homebrew firmware? my friend told me i can still play roms, but not as many as if i had flashed it.

so i just got the screen and stuff in the mail. the screen works but its very dim, and i can barely read the letters. what did i do wrong?

do i have to do all of this http://www.llamma.com/PSP/PSPTearDown.htm to make it work?

A - please dont double post
    B - NO HOMEBREWS will work on sony's firmware... why dont you want custom firmware? if you have sonys firmware, all you can do is buy maybe a few out of 10 psx games from the ps3 store (ps3 required)
    C - try pressing the box button next to the music button