Thread: Howdy ho!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Howdy ho! 
    I'm a bit late into the PSP game, but here I am. After my local Long's Drugs was clearing out the value pack for $100 I couldn't resist.

Initially I thought the PSP was a turd (I guess it was just the lack of good launch titles) and with the route of the DS Lite. While I love the DS, the PSP has caught my heart. The biggest selling point for me was Vice City Stories⠃ƒ¢â€š ƒâ€šÃ‚¬Ãƒâ€šÃ⠚¦ Damn I love the soundtrack! I fell in love with Vice City on the PS2 and Vice City Stories rekindled my love for the game and gave me an option mind when purchasing the PSP.

Obviously, the screen is the best thing. A 4GB card works wonders with movies (I have 10 on the memory card), along with MP3's, music videos, etc.

Picked up Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters which is a blast! Also picked up Wipeout Pure from eBay yesturday and a few other games.

The PSP & DS Lite fit perfectly inside the PSP Folio Case I picked up from Buy.com.

I also got a 3800MaH batter and a USB charge/data cable from eBay.

I'm not into the modding scene, so I upgraded it to the latest firmware and love it.

The ability to remove 5 (or so) screws to swap the face plate is a big plus for me. It makes me less anxious about getting scratches on the unit since I'm not actually scratching the screen.

Anyway, thatâà ƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã ‚¬Ã¢ââ⠚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s all for now. Just wanted to say hi.

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    name one system in the history of gaming that had good launch titles. thats right, u cant. noone has ever released a system with good launch titles. maybe one good title if they are lucky

whats the point of coming to pspMOD if u dont like to mod it?
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    yeah man, modding is awesome you shouldn't have upgraded... you can get even better resolution vidoes with the custom firmware, and on top of that, play games from your memory stick (like"isos" that are back ups of the games) and SNES and NES and genisis, etc

If you upgraded to the latest firmware, then you can't enable homebrew, so your missing a big plus of the PSP. Of course, it's all your choice since downgrading has a risk of bricking your PSP

updating to sony firmware carries the same risks. u can still brick a psp while updating to sonys firmware
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Quote Originally Posted by julie
    name one system in the history of gaming that had good launch titles. thats right, u cant. noone has ever released a system with good launch titles. maybe one good title if they are lucky

whats the point of coming to pspMOD if u dont like to mod it?
    Oh believe me, I knew the "losses" I would face when upgrading the firmware, but it's all good. I'm happy.

I'll happily pay money for games that I enjoy, so that's no biggie.

For the most part when I'm flying around, I use my phone and watch TV shows and movies on that (320x240 3.5"), which isn't great, but it's more than acceptable.

With regards to emulation, I do that on my cell phone and DS Lite. I rarely ever play emulated games, since I've done that in years past, so I'm bored with that scene.

I got a Wii a few months ago and that keeps me happy if I'm every in the mood for "classic" games.

So yeah, I guess I'm not modding my PSP, but will happily read the forums and contribute what I can.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker yaboyryan666's Avatar
    welcome to the forums... i think i might pick up a DS light too.
    ░▒▓Dark_Alex▓▒░ is a PSP hacking GOD.
    Dark-Alex.org

Quote Originally Posted by INHUMANITY
    I'll happily pay money for games that I enjoy, so that's no biggie.
    who says we dont? its just better to be able to have a few games on the memory card instead of having to carry around multiple umds
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker bender123's Avatar
    lol inhumanity got julie irritated..
    anyway, why would you bother posting? you wouldn't relate to the scene which means you have like 5% useful input, but i look forward to reading 5% of what i hope to be is interesting.
    Please could you stop the noise, I'm trying get some rest
    From all the unborn chicken voices in my head
    What's that...? (I may be paranoid, but not an android)

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Snookao's Avatar
    What does it matter??!!?? he said he was going to try to contribute. If you dont have a PSP you can still learn and help people. Whats wrong with that!
    "Owned" (often typed in leet speak among gamers) is an internet slang word used commonly in gaming circles to acknowledge a form of superiority through the downfall of another entity, be it another gaming clan, or a single user.

If your not first, your last- Talladega Nights

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker the begginer's Avatar
    hello welcome to the threads.
    IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT BOTH PSP PHAT OR SLIM PM ME.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker bender123's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snookao
    What does it matter??!!?? he said he was going to try to contribute. If you dont have a PSP you can still learn and help people. Whats wrong with that!
    lol relax... its "odd" that someone would waste their time trying to relate to a scene they don't want to relate to. It's like in high school a "jock" is trying to chill with the "rockers" but has nothing to say cus he doesn't know the music or the culture... pointless lol...
    Please could you stop the noise, I'm trying get some rest
    From all the unborn chicken voices in my head

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    he might be a sony "secret agent" here to get everyone to update

Quote Originally Posted by justinisloco
    he might be a sony "secret agent" here to get everyone to update
    lol... Yeah, that's it...

Naw, even though I have decided not to mod my PSP, I still enjoy reading about all the technical aspects. I am using an R4 for my DS, which is great.

I check out all the satellite forums to learn more about the hardware. Doesn't mean I have to crack it.

Julie, are we having a sand issue? I have never seen somebody come off so "hardcore" to new members.

Quote Originally Posted by INHUMANITY

Julie, are we having a sand issue? I have never seen somebody come off so "hardcore" to new members.
    thats extremely disrespecful. and dont think cause youre new that youll be treated any different then the senior members. everyone is equal here
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast