Thread: Dr-Gonzo in da hizzy

1. #1 Dr-Gonzo in da hizzy 
    Hello to all from the good Dr. Some of you may know me from UndernetIRC, where I have hung out for at least 10 years and where I learned about this site from a cool dude on #psp. I'm probably one of the oldest farts here. I'm an old geek who is also a musician.
    Over the years I've worked at recording studios and ran a computer store for 6 years untill I closed it in 04. Now I'm working at a TV / Radio station and loveing it. I do all the stuff I love to do, mainly computers and audio.

How I got my PSP is a funny story. I bought a Big Mac for my wife and I, only because she likes Big Macs. There was a code on the side of the boxs that you enter at the McDonalds' site. I almost threw the boxs out but figured wtf, I should check the codes. So I go online and enter the first code and I won $5 off a PSP game at Best Buy. Well I didn't own one, and theres no Best Buy within 4 hours driving time of my house, so I laughed it off. I enter the code off the other box and......Congratulations You've won a PSP! I couldn't believe it! I've never won anything like this before. So 2 months later, I finaly got it an here I am.

I have to admit, I would have never bought one. I'm a hardcore PC builder / hacker / gamer, etc. and though what can a little portable do that would be even close to what I can do with one of my many PCs? Boy was I wrong! This PSP is so freakin cool! It's pissing off my wife that I've been using it so much. Anyways, being the tech / hacking oriented person I am, I have to learn all I can about this. I want to learn how to trcik this bad boy out and exploit all the potential of it. I have some ideas for cool hombrew too, so I wanna learn code for it too.

So I look forward to being a productive, friendly and eventualy helpful member.
    DrGonzo aka Dr-Gonzo
    Find me live on UndernetIRC @ #Audioiso, #UAW, and now #PSP
    On EfNetIRC #Psyworks, #Ambient, #Audiohell

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Shalted's Avatar
    Woah thats awsome, you lucky bastard.
    I cant say I know you, probably because I dont like hanging around in IRC channels.
    Im not much of a PC gaming fan, moslty because I dont have the money to keep buying new stuff for it.

Anyway coding apps for the PSP should be easy if your familiar with C/C++ or even good old MIPS Assembly.
    --Sig--

[DELETED]
    Why do you keep trying Nof?
    --Shalted

Senior Member I Modded My PSP |TA|SolidSnake's Avatar
    cool man, your sure are lucky

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker jrmdb3's Avatar
    heyhey...welcome welcome ..age does not matter here..for i am 14 and no one cares..its all about respect and how u act..and BTW..that story is pretty funny but awesome...

when i told most of my friends i was getting a psp..they were like.."thats cool but its kinda waste of money"..so i get one and show them what it can do(including 2.0)..and they think its simply amazing
    see the thing is u really have to see one and play one to get the full affect of it

but any ways..welcome

Your fellow PSPMod.com Super Moderator. -Jrmdb3
    "Live life to the fullest"
    GAMERTAG: Jrmdb3

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Shalted's Avatar
    Exactly, you are 14, so is bennihan, but jrmdb3 doesnt take credit for other peoples work, spam,cheat and create multiple accounts. So in return I dont delete his posts(unless its neccesary)
    --Sig--

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker jrmdb3's Avatar
    exactly...like i said u gotta earn respect and learn how to act...

i think ive earned some respect...

Your fellow PSPMod.com Super Moderator. -Jrmdb3
    "Live life to the fullest"
    GAMERTAG: Jrmdb3

Senior Member I Modded My PSP TriPod's Avatar
    haha i thought that kid took off for sure (bennihan5)

well anyways welcome to the fourm!!! yea my woman hates me playin wit my xbox or psp when shes in the house lol, but my only escape is in the crapper ..... damn i love my psp
    -"you can always make more money - but you can never make more time"

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker IONz's Avatar
    Welcome to the forums DrGonzo

If you're gonna be working on some homebrew for the PSP, join the PSP Caliber team

"Think for yourself, question authority" - Timothy Leary

10. #10 news about the new psp slim 
    Member PSP User
    At E3 2007, Sony released information about a new version of the PlayStation Portable, known as the PSP Slim & Lite. The new PSP is 33% lighter (reduced to 189 grams from 280 grams) and 19% slimmer than the original PSP system. The model numbers have changed to PSP-2000, following the previous region-based numbering scheme (cf. the PSP-1000 numbering scheme of the "old" PSP model).
    It was released on September 5 in Europe, on September 6, 2007 in US and the day after the US launch in Korea.

Features and Changes

The PSP Slim & Lite comes pre-installed with the "Cookies" theme, which includes additional backgrounds.
    The PSP Slim & Light offers a 33% lighter and 5mm thinner system. Internal changes to achieve this include the removal of a metal chassis (used to reduce damage), improved WLAN modules and Micro-controller, and a thinner and much lighter LCD display.
    Although dubbed "PSP Slim and Light", the PSP-2000 range offers a lot of other tweaks and improvements from the older generation. To target the original PSP generation's poor load times when in UMD games a "temporary memory" was implemented in order to speed up load times.
    Further to this, the internal memory (RAM and FlashROM) was doubled to 64MB to improve load times and accommodate for an improvement in the web browser's performance.
    To make the PSP slimmer, the capacity of the battery was reduced by about 1/3. Due to more efficient power usage, the runtime of the PSP is still the same as the older model. Older model batteries will still work with the PSP Slim & Light which extends the amount of playing time on the PSP Slim & Light. However the battery cover on the new model does not fit over the older battery due to its bulkier size.
    Amongst these, other minor changes were made. The PSP Slim & Light has a new enamel coated finish to prevent scratches and smudges. The serial port was also modified in order to accommodate a new video-out feature (while rendering older PSP remote controls incompatible). The D-Pad was also modified in response to poor performance- being raised, while buttons offer improved responsiveness, confirmed in the GameSpot "hands-on" review: "several GameSpot editors have noticed that the d-pad and buttons on the new PSP provide a little more tactile feedback for a better overall feel.".
    A new UMD loading tray design was introduced to be more efficient in terms of size, while the Wi-Fi switch was moved to the top of the console and the Memory Stick slot moved to the upper left. The speakers were repositioned on the front of the PSP near the top of the screen. The rather obsoleted infra-red port was also removed - which offered no use to the original PSP generation other than in homebrew applications. The analog stick was also redesigned to be more flexible.
    A "1Seg" tuner (model PSP-S310) peripheral, designed specifically for the PSP Slim & Lite model, was released in Japan on September 20, 2007.

Pricing
    The announced price is set at $169.99 for the Core Pack and $199.99 for the newer PSP entertainment packages. The original version of the PSP is also set to be priced at $169.99, until they are sold out, although some stores may lower the price as a clearout sale to try and sell their PSP systems more rapidly. The PSP Slim will sell for $169.99, and the two special limited edition ones cost $199.99; in New Zealand the PSP Slim retails for a price of NZ$299.95. Production of the original PSP has already been halted.

Retail configurations
    The initial North American PSP release was the Ice Silver Daxter Entertainment Pack at $199.99 The Piano Black version is currently set to be priced at $169.99. The Ice Silver PSP will come in an entertainment packet including the game Daxter, a 1 GB Memory Stick, and the UMD movie, Family Guy Freakin' Sweet Collection. About one month later, Sony plans to release a special Ceramic White Star Wars edition PSP which has a silkscreen picture of Darth Vader on the back. It will come with the game Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron. Both the Ice Silver and Ceramic White PSPs are set to be priced at $199.99. Sony will release the colors Rose Pink, Lavender Purple, and Felicia Blue in Japan at launch. A special "FINAL FANTASY VII 10th Anniversary" Edition will be released a week before launch, limited to 77,777 units. The package includes a silver color unit with Final Fantasy pictures at the back, and an original Final Fantasy sword-shaped strap. (Some shops will also provide a special ear-phone for pre-orders)

Europe will get black and silver models and the two special limited edition colors available as a bundle: Simpsons-themed yellow bundle and the red and black Spider-Man bundle. At the moment, U.K are pre-ordering the Slim & Lite PSP for £129.99. The white models will be released on October 11th.

Release dates
    The PSP Slim & Lite was released in Hong Kong on August 30, 2007. In New Zealand the PSP Slim was released on September 14. In North America the Ice Silver Daxter Pack was released on September 5th. The Piano Black Core Pack will be released on October 1 and the Star Wars Ceramic White on October 9, 2007.. For the Japanese market, a special "FINAL FANTASY VII 10th Anniversary" edition was released on September 13 bundled with the release of the game Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core, limited in quantities to 77,777 units. The normal edition will be released on September 20 in Japan. At September 2007, SCEE announced 2 more colors for the Slim PSP, a Simpsons PSP, and a Spider-Man PSP. Both will come with their movie games, and the Spider-Man pack will come with Spider-Man 3 movie UMD.
    Release(d) dates are as follow:
    Hong Kong - August 30
    North America "Ice Silver" - September 6
    South Korea - September 7
    Australia - September 12
    Japan, Final Fantasy VII design - September 13
    Europe "Piano Black" - September 14
    New Zealand - September 14
    Japan, all colors - September 20
    North America "Piano Black" - October 1
    North America "Ceramic White" - October 9
    South Africa - First week of October
    Europe "Spider-Man" - TBA 2007
    Europe "Simpson’s" - TBA 2007

TV output

PSP XMB on TV via output adapter.
    Sony has added a TV output for the PSP Slim available through Firmware 3.60. The PSP can output standard resolution (4:3), and widescreen (16:9). It also offers a screensaver if the PSP is inactive for a set amount of time. It is able to output games, videos, and other media. To achieve TV output on the Slim model, Composite, S-Video, Component and D-Terminal cables are sold separately by Sony. Only the component or D-Terminal cables are able to output games on a TV (Progressive Scan Enabled TV only). The maximum resolution through TV output is 640x480 pixels.

Homebrew
    Main article: PlayStation Portable homebrew
    Previous downgraders, homebrew enablers, and other exploits will not be able to run on the new PSP's Firmware which is 3.60. Initial tests found out that "Pandora's Battery" exploit is incompatibleas well as the Undiluted Platinum modification chip which will not be able to be installed because of the new motherboard layout.
    Custom firmware 3.60 M33 was released on September 10, 2007 for the PSP Slim by Team M33. 3.60 M33 for PSP Slim has all the features of 3.52 M33, except the 1.50 kernel support, due to the older kernel being incompatible with the new hardware. All homebrew is executed under the 3.60 kernel. As a result, some homebrew coded specifically for the 1.50 kernel is incompatible with 3.60 M33. Installation of 3.60 M33 requires a second, homebrew-compatible PSP, as it uses a modification of the "Pandora's Battery" exploit.
    PSP Firmware version 3.60 is now obsolete and is only a version shipped with the Slim model. On September 12, PSP firmware 3.71 was released for both Slim and Original.

PSP-1000
    PSP-2000

External size
    Approximately 170×23×74 millimeter (width × height × depth)
    Approximately 169.4×18.6×71.4 millimeter(width × height × depth)
    * The largest spine you exclude

Mass
    Approximately 280 grams (the battery it includes)
    Approximately 189 grams (the battery it includes)

CPU
    PSP CPU (operational frequency 1 - 333MHz)
    PSP CPU (operational frequency 1 - 333MHz)

Main memory
    32 megabytes
    64 megabytes

Display
    4.3 inches 16: 9 wide screen TFT liquid crystal
    480x272 pixel 1677 ten thousand colors
    4.3 inch 16:9 wide screen TFT liquid crystal
    480 x 272 pixel 1677 ten thousand colors

Sound
    Stereo speaker built-in
    Stereo speaker built-in

Main I/O
    - Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11b conformity) (Wi-Fi)
    - High Speed USB (USB2.0 conformity) (mini-B)
    - Memory stick PRO duo
    - IrDA
    - Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11b conformity) (Wi-Fi)
    - High Speed USB (USB2.0 conformity) (mini-B)
    - Memory stick PRO duo
    -Analog video out * the infrared ray is gone, video out is attached

Main terminal
    - Substance power source input terminal
    - External power source supply terminal
    - Headphone/microphone terminal
    - USB terminal
    - Memory stick duo slot
    - Substance power source input terminal
    - External power source supply terminal
    -Video/ headphone/microphone terminal
    - USB terminal
    -The memory stick duo slot * position modifies

Key & switches
    - Cursor key up and down left and right, analog pad
    - △, 0, ×, □button, L, R button × 1
    - START, SELECT and HOME×1
    - POWER/HOLD switch ×1
    - Display, sound and volume +/- button ×1
    - Wireless LAN switch (ON/OFF) ×1
    - OPEN button (UMD) ×1
    - Cursor key (up and down left and right), analog pad ×1
    - △, 0, ×, □button, L and R button ×1
    - START, SELECT and HOME× 1
    - POWER/HOLD switch ×1
    - Display, sound and volume +/- button ×1
    - Wireless LAN (ON/OFF) switch ×1
    * UMDOpening and closingSystemModification

Power source
    - Private lithium ion battery pack
    - External AC adapter
    - Private lithium ion battery pack
    - External AC adapter
    - USB charge

Built-in drive
    Playback private UMDR drive
    Playback private UMDR drive

Corresponding codec video
    BelowContents "memory stick" above
    - MPEG-4 Simple Profile (AAC LC)
    - H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Main Profile (AAC LC)
    - AVI * Motion JPEG (Linear PCM or μ -Lau)
    BelowContents "memory stick" above
    - MPEG-4 Simple Profile (AAC LC)
    - H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Main Profile (AAC LC)
    - AVI * Motion JPEG (Linear PCM or μ -Lau)

Music
    - ATRAC3
    - ATRAC3plus
    - MP3
    - MP3 (MPEG-1/2 Audio Layer3)
    - MP4 (MPEG-4 AAC)
    - WAVE (Linear PCM)
    - WMA (only Windows MediaR Audio 9 Standard)
    - ATRAC3
    - ATRAC3plus
    - MP3
    - MP3 (MPEG-1/2 Audio Layer3)
    - MP4 (MPEG-4 AAC)
    - WAVE (Linear PCM)
    - WMA (only Windows MediaR Audio 9 Standard)

Photo
    - JPEG (DCF2.0/Exif2.21 conformity)
    - TIFF
    - BMP
    - GIF
    - PNG
    - JPEG (DCF2.0/Exif2.21 conformity)
    - TIFF
    - BMP
    - GIF
    - PNG

Access control
    Region and viewing age restriction (pas rental lock)
    Region cord/code, viewing age restriction (pas rental lock)

Wireless communication facility
    - Infrastructure mode
    - Ad hoc mode (maximum of 16 unit concurrent connections)
    - Infrastructure mode
    - Ad hoc mode (maximum of 16 unit concurrent connections)

Substance bundled peripheral device
    - AC adapter
    - Battery pack (1800mAh)
    - AC adapter
    - Battery pack (1200mAh)

also hears a website that has realy cool psp comparison pics

With photograph thoroughness dissection! New model PSP (PSP-2000) the coconut is is to be,/ com

Member PSP User
    dam where was i then this happend