Thread: Straight Noob

1. #1 Straight Noob 
    Junior Member PSP User
    Im a complete noob. Id just like some people to point me in the right direction. I may be a slow learner maybe not depends on how intricate all this psp stuff is. Anyways, I just got my psp in the mail as a gift. I think what I have is a Japanese version of the psp (did a little research cuz the select button isn't X but its O, very hard for me to get used to if anyone can tell me how to switch them around please do and remember i am noob really really noob almost the noobest you can get, you get the picture) Umm anyways I remember back in school a few years ago my friend had his psp and didnt need to change cartriges (im not sure what to call them yet UMDs i assume) by playing games. It seemed like he would merely run a program or whatnot and select a game he had downloaded for nothing at all. THIS is what I am interested in DEFINETLY. Someone please tell me I've come to the right place. And btw this psp came with 3.03 OE-C.

BTW: I really have no idea what everything means emulations, devhook, blah this blah, iso/cso, i was just born yesterday as far as the psp is concerned. Just looking to be able to take full advantage of my new toy

ONE more question: I'd like to know how many games i could fit into a 4gb memory card. Just like to know roughly the average size of a game and if i can restore deleted files cuz it came with metal slug anthology or something and while i was fussing with it...I reformatted the card...unless someone can reassure me that i can easily get it someway.

That pretty much covers it......................i dont know if im posting this blah blah blah in the right place for the right answers. Im just hoping for a sense of direction. Thank you

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    we dont support piracy here. buy your games

as far as all your questions go, look around. all the answers are on the site already
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Junior Member PSP User
    how do i get games onto my memory card? Will they work with all games cuz i dont want to carry around anything other than the psp. And Id really like to be able to switch my o & x buttons around since Im used to hitting x to select. and anything on restoring deleted files?

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker drizzle's Avatar
    You can not restore deleted files, sorry.
    In order to play backed up games and run emulators you will either need a version 1.50 psp, or a psp with custom firmware. The most important thing to find out right now is what firmware you have.
    To switch the x and o button you will need to run a customization homebrew application, so again you can only do this if you have a psp with a firmware that supports homebrew.

Welcome to the forum by the way, and just for future reference you should ask for help playing your back ups (don't refer to things as downloaded because piracy is frowned upon).
    Before you post please
    Read the sticky's Read the manual Use the search button Google it

Drizzle's so cool he sh*ts icecubes.

Junior Member PSP User
    sorry about the frowns

so i really cant back up any games onto my memory stick? it came with like 3 games on it i just "accidentally" formatted it like a dumass

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Cloud Strife's Avatar
    You know there is such thing as an edit button...
    Welcome to the forums..

Click the image above to play this fun fun game! and remember to put the referal number 6506 and the promo code 6506!

Junior Member PSP User
    Welcome to the forums..

I dont get it...

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUNTFUNK420
    Welcome to the forums..

I dont get it...
    your slow...
    don't double post

also don't talk about getting illegal stuff

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Corpsey's Avatar
    Boot into Recovery and go to Registry hacks and you can change your select button from there.

Junior Member PSP User
    How do I boot to recovery? is changing the key complicated?
    Running 3.03OE-C

Senior Member I Modded My PSP tmacfan4321's Avatar
    All you do is coldboot (restart completely) the psp by pulling the battery, then you restart the psp while holding the R trigger. A blue screen will show up, now you are in recovery mode. This Info is easily attainable if you just READ! Read everything that you can in order to get the solution you are looking for.

Bought Value Pack: 3/24/05
    TA-081 Black PSP
    2-4 GB MS
    1-32MB MS
    Downgraded + Upgraded: 3/16/07
    Firmware History: 1.5......3.03>1.5>3.03 OE-C >3.40 OE-A> 3.90 M33-2 (Screen broke, I need to order one)