Thread: Hello PSPMOD from Afghanistan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Hello PSPMOD from Afghanistan 
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker apathy96's Avatar
    What up all. I'm new to the pspmod.com forum, but not psp modding. Been doing it for a while now, and about to downgrade my 7th psp here in a little bit. Just thought i'd come introduce myself before someone referred me here...lol...I am in the US Army and I am currently deployed to Afghanistan. I have been here for...hmm...about 11 month now, and i only have around 45 days left, WOOHOO. Before you ask, yes Afghanistan sux balls. It's hot in the summer and FREEZING in the winter.

Like i said, I have downgraded numerous PSPs, just thought i'd join the community for something to do for my last 2 months in hell...help the noobs downgrade lol.

Anyway, I have been trolling this forum for a few weeks now, got some good tips and suggestions, so i thought i'd join and give some back.

See ya on the boards....

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Welcome to the Forums i would have never thought out troops were using psp's and homebrewing them up.

Welcome to the forum brother......I'm here in Okinawa, Japan with about 3 weeks till I return stateside. Glad to see your helpin out fellow soldiers pass the time. Watch your 6, and stay safe out there man.
    Compliments of Major Zero

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."

2.60-2.82-3.03-1.50-3.10 OE-A-3.52 M33-4

Quote Originally Posted by Dbl_Duece
    Welcome to the forum brother......I'm here in Okinawa, Japan with about 3 weeks till I return stateside. Glad to see your helpin out fellow soldiers pass the time. Watch your 6, and stay safe out there man.
    Thanks for the welcome. What branch you in? 3 weeks huh? I know the feeling, I definetely ready to get the hell out of this country. How long was your tour? What's your stateside home station? Good to hear from you, take care.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    welcome to the forum. like Chinese people said i never thought the troops would be joining the board or at least while there not in the country.

lol...Well what can i say boys? When I'm not out killing terrorists I like the play and mod psp's. You guys should see some of the crazy ass games they sell over here. $2 Hodgie games, they are funny.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Corpsey's Avatar
    I want to be an Army Ranger. =D

But yeah that's cool. I'm new to the forums too.

EDIT: Try not to brick the PSP especially if it is your C.O.'s. =D

lol, no doubt. Army Ranger eh? I'm an 18B, which is a special forces weapons sergeant. Go special forces bro, rangers are nubz!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by apathy96
    lol, no doubt. Army Ranger eh? I'm an 18B, which is a special forces weapons sergeant. Go special forces bro, rangers are nubz!!!!
    pfft...
    Rangers > All

You're a Ranger at heart.

We can atleast agree:
    Army > Navy
    Army > Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey
    pfft...
    Rangers > All

You're a Ranger at heart.

We can atleast agree:
    Army > Navy
    Army > Air Force
    Yes we agree there. And I am here with some Marines as well, and they disappointed me too. Not as high speed as they make themselves out to be. But better than the other 2.

As for rangers, pfft, i've been to ranger school man, being special forces we have to go to ranger school and special forces que course. Rangers don't have to go to special forces school. They are scrubs. They don't get to do the cool, fun, sh*t we get to do...But if you wanna be a Ranger, i say go for it man, just make sure when you go to the recruiter you make sure they put that in your contract! If they don't your screwed.

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Major Zero's Avatar
    Welcome man... glad to hear we got modders out in the field!...

Hurry back!
    Refresh for more Sigs

=D

I plan on applying for West Point and then going to Ranger school after that.
    Get paid to go to college. lol.

I hear they don't feed ya to well at Ranger School. <.<

Who knows, I may change my mind...

If I go through the USMA I have to do a buttload of Active Duty...I hope to get stationed in, like Canada. <.<

=D

I plan on applying for West Point and then going to Ranger school after that.
    Get paid to go to college. lol.

I hear they don't feed ya to well at Ranger School. <.<

Who knows, I may change my mind...

If I go through the USMA I have to do a buttload of Active Duty...I hope to get stationed in, like Canada. <.<
    Oh so you wanna be an Officer huh? Yea to be honest man, to be an Officer in the Army anymore you pretty much have to go to Ranger school. So are you saying you want to be a Ranger or just go to the school? Cause it is 2 totally different things. Tons of people go to the school each year, and yes they get to wear the little tab on their shoulder that says "RANGER" but that doesn't mean they are rangers. Hell I wear the Ranger tab among other tabs when im in garrison, doesn't mean im a ranger. All that means is they went to the school. To be a ranger you have to go to whats called RIP, or Ranger Indoctrination Process. And that is the hard part my friend. The wash-out rate of RIP is somewhere around 93%. But I hope you do it bro, just set you mind too it and know that when its over you will be 1 of the most elite fighting forces in the world! When I say 1 of, of course I mean just below Special Forces! hehe

Yes, an Officer in the United States Army Rangers.
    My dad won't let me join the Army unless I become an Officer.

Yes, an Officer in the United States Army Rangers.
    My dad won't let me join the Army unless I become an Officer.
    Ah i see. I wanted to be an officer at one point in time. The pay is much better, always get the better housing etc, etc...but one thing i have found out being a grunt. It's 100x times more fun, we get to do all the fun shit. But being an officer in the Rangers will be better than just regular Army. You will enjoy it, when are you planning on joining?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast