Thread: Hiiiiiiiiiiii

1. #1 Hiiiiiiiiiiii 
    Junior Member PSP User
    Hi.
    Either today, or soon, i'll be getting a PSP at the PX for $219.99 + a 10% discount, so it would be around the $198's. It comes with some ATV game, a movie, and a 1GB stick.
    But yeah i'd like to mod it and stuff, so where would I start. I read a few tutorials and stuff and they seem kind of easy.
    As for firmware, I always want my stuff to be updated to the latest...stuff as possible, and a lot of these mod threads are making you downgrade. Is that really necessary?

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker apathy96's Avatar
    OK dude. First welcome to the Forums. Second, are you in the Army or one of your relatives? Third, when you get you PSP go to settings, then system settings and check the firmware version you have. If you have 3.10 or higher, then you are not going to be able to mod. It you are 3.03 or lower you will be able to mod.

When people talk about downgrading it is because you have to have firmware version 1.5 in order to upgrade back up to a custom firmware. There is a few custom firmwares you can choose from, all of which allow you to mod, such as customize your psp and play homebrew applications. I personally run 3.03OE-C, because it allows for more customization that any other custom firmware at the moment. So yes, if you want to mod, then it is necessary to downgrade. But understand that when you upgrade to a custom firmware it runs just like a official sony firmware, just allows to mod. So don't worry about it being any different. But im letting you know now, if you get your psp and automatically upgrade to the highest firmware which is 3.30 at the moment you WILL NOT be able to mod!

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker drizzle's Avatar
    If you want to mod it you will not be able to keep it up to date with the latest firmware. The reason people downgrade is because newer official firmwares block the ability to mod your psp. You can install custom firmware that will have most of the features of the latest firmware but still allow you to mod your psp. Whatever you do, make sure you research before rushing home with your new psp and updating to the latest firmware. If you update to the latest firmware you'll be stuck there and unable to mod since there is no downgrader for it yet.

EDIT: You beat me to it apathy Nice post, you said mostly what I was saying
    Before you post please
    Read the sticky's Read the manual Use the search button Google it

Drizzle's so cool he sh*ts icecubes.

Junior Member PSP User
    Oh ok.
    My dad is in the army, we are living on Ft. Polk, LA. It sucks...I want to kill myself.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker apathy96's Avatar
    lol, yea ft polk sux, ive been there. Why you wanna kill yourself lol? You going to join up? When you going to get your psp? Whats your dads MOS? and Rank?

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker yaboyryan666's Avatar
    Welcome to the forums.
    ░▒▓Dark_Alex▓▒░ is a PSP hacking GOD.
    Dark-Alex.org

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker the begginer's Avatar
    hey welcome homie!
    IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT BOTH PSP PHAT OR SLIM PM ME.

Hey...welcome to the forums. It's always great to catch a deal or 2 at the PX/BX, plus that 10% coupon, you can't beat it. Enjoy your new PSP.
    Compliments of Major Zero

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."

2.60-2.82-3.03-1.50-3.10 OE-A-3.52 M33-4

Junior Member PSP User
    Yes I just got it yesterday, it was my 16th birthday and I get all A's/B's on my report card so they bought me it, the one with the game a movie and a 1GB stick.
    I have the latest firmware, 3.40...so yeah.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    drumthrasher from IPW? im sullivan0930 from there.

Welcome. youre stuck right now with that firmware.