Thread: Hiya Everyone!

1. #1 Hiya Everyone! 
    Hey! I've had a PSP for nearly 2 years.. and am just now finally gonna start getting into the world of PSP Mods.

But I have a little dilema... I was a noob and have been upgrading my PSP and stopped at FW 2.82. So I've been searching for a way to successfully mod my PSP and thanks to lommer's post

TopMenu rco file for OEC

I was able to gain a guide. My only problem though, is the fact that I can not find a copy of GTA: LCS with a firmware of 2.0. I've tried several EB games, Gamestops, Gamecrazy, and even tried to rent 1 from blockbuster with still no luck. I've asked friends and nobody seems to have the game or at least the correct version.

I really don't wanna spend the $60 to pick up one off of EBAY... is there any other possible known way to downgrade using possibly a different game? Or maybe a different method? I've searched around and had no luck. So any information would he HIGHLY appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT: To make clear, I know lommer said no there is no other possible way atm to downgrade without the use of GTA... but his post was over 2 months ago. Just wanted to see if anyone had any possible ideas, once again any help would be greatly appreciated... but I geuss for now I'll just keep my eyes open for a copy of the game.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker the begginer's Avatar
    hey welcome hope you enjoy your time here.
    IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT BOTH PSP PHAT OR SLIM PM ME.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker apathy96's Avatar
    None, at this time there is no other way to downgrade without GTA:LCS, just keep checking your local eb games and gamestops man, your bound to get one eventually. I hope you find one soon man good luck, and also...welcome to the forums...

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker alfox's Avatar
    hey welcome man and its good t have you here.sorry to say no other way but gta lcs unpatched.try to search maybe you have members here whos living near you and you can ask for help with the gta.me i can do that for you if only you were near my place....

Thanks everyone and thanks for the info. I think I may have lucked out though... I found one on Ebay for $30 and it ends very shortly... Hopefully I win XD.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker apathy96's Avatar
    Yea i hope you win too, once you get the game it will be quite easy to downgrade and join us in PSP MODDING!!! yay...

One quick question though... I do plan to upgrade from 1.5 to the modded 3.03 version... but I wanna play PSX games. Is that the only real difference between oe-c and oe-a? That one can play PSX Games? And if so why would you choose oe-c over it?

I know I should probably just do the research myself... but I'm logging soon and just being lazy to tell the truth XD.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker drizzle's Avatar
    Welcome to the forums. 3.03 OE-C allows for the most customizations. 3.30 OE-A allows for more psx game support, although 3.03 OE-C does allow alot of psx games to be played as well.
    Before you post please
    Read the sticky's Read the manual Use the search button Google it

Drizzle's so cool he sh*ts icecubes.

Yay! I lost the auction last night... last minute someone went from my Current lead of $38 to $50 and I lost : /. However! Today I drove out of town to check out a few different stores and right as I was coming home.. I made 1 last stop a Gamestop and they had it!! XD

Got the game for $19 and ready to start downgrading.

EDIT: Now a Proud owner of a PSP With FW 3.03OE-C. I actually thought I had bricked it at one point but all worked out in the end... now... to start researching homebrew and placing PSX games on my PSP XD.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    congratz bro, read the blue link in my signature to learn EVERYTHING about custom firmware, any questions, ask in there rather than making new threads with every problem, although i think every question in there will have an answer

Junior Member PSP User
    Hi Lads
    Will be going the same route as CJohne and was wondering when I am in the rental shops will I be able to tell before I buy/rent it. Another words will it have version 2.0 on the UMD or something else that will give me a clue that I can use it to D/grade to 1.5. Not sure if it will make a difference to the markings on the disc but I am in Ireland.

Thanks

Just to add once the downgrade is done is GTA LCS needed anymore?. IF not would anyone like to sell theirs and when finished I will sell on to someone else here for cost

Cubix

From what I can tell you only need it for the initial downgrade. I'd sell you mine... but I really actually like playing GTA LCS : /. If I find another though maybe we can work something out ^^.

And take that PSX Compatability list!!! I successfully now have Battle Hunter (Not labeled on the list so I assumed ment it wouldn't work) and Legend of Legaia on my PSP. Both are working like a charm! yay.

Junior Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by Cjohne
    From what I can tell you only need it for the initial downgrade. I'd sell you mine... but I really actually like playing GTA LCS : /. If I find another though maybe we can work something out ^^.
    Would appreciate that CJohne

Junior Member PSP User
    Just to say managed to get myself a copy in the local rental shop, but thanks anyways . Talk to u guys on the other side in about an hour

Cubix