Thread: And so the journey begins.

1. #1 And so the journey begins. 
    Junior Member PSP User
    I'm very excited to join the psp community, seeing as monster hunter freedom was the final push I needed to go out and buy a PSP. I'd like to start out by saying thank you for all the information posted on this forum, as it has helped guide me through what little problems i stumbled through on my way to flashing to custom firmware.

Seeing as i bought my psp on ebay (which came with a free 2gb pro duo) i've been spending the day figuring out if it is infact fake or not. It appeared to be packaged in a counterfeit casing yet the supposed counterfeit serial printed on the packaging doesn't match the serial on the stick itself (which intrigued me). Everything is in order on the stick, lettering is correct, storage is correct (already filled it up to about 1.7gb) yet it still shows as UNKNOWN for magic gate support. I think that may just be due to the custom firmware, but whatever. Even the speeds are fine so i'm not going to worry, i just thought it odd.

Anyway, i'm looking forward to the time I will be spending on these forums...probably passing time between classes...and enjoying the greatness of my psp.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker drizzle's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum. Glad to hear you hooked yourself up with custom firmware with out having to ask a ton of questions Even with the tutorials, guides, and easy installer some people seem to not get it.
    Before you post please
    Read the sticky's Read the manual Use the search button Google it

Drizzle's so cool he sh*ts icecubes.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker alfox's Avatar
    well dont worry too much about your memstick as long as it functions well then no worries.welcome bro and hope to see you more often here....enjoy the forum and if you have something to share feel free to share here....

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Snookao's Avatar
    Welcome. Ya most newcomers will double post. Get flamed and ask allready stickied questions.
    "Owned" (often typed in leet speak among gamers) is an internet slang word used commonly in gaming circles to acknowledge a form of superiority through the downfall of another entity, be it another gaming clan, or a single user.

If your not first, your last- Talladega Nights

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker apathy96's Avatar
    hehe, good work on the downgrade without asking any questions, that's impressive. hehe, welcome to the forums!!

Junior Member PSP User
    Heh, no worries about double posting for me. The edit button has been my friend for quite a while now.

I also don't enjoy asking questions until i'm absolutely stumped and I've taken a legitimate amount of time to troubleshoot. I guess that comes from dealing with computers...ahem...windows. I must say stubbornness/willpower + a little bit of common sense gets you a long way, I just wish some people would figure that out. (sorry i've been reading the hilarious posts from people saying they have official firmware 3.10+)

That reminds me...it's very interesting to see people's reactions in resale stores when you ask if the psp's they have in stock are a certain firmware. Or better yet, to ask if you can see the boxes. =D It tends to puzzle people.

*edit* I ended up figuring I'd save myself the trouble by just getting a 1.5, so I didn't have to downgrade. I wound up having to buy online anyway.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    see.... this is the type of noob i like, someone who reads first, asks later lol... at least he READS before posting! (you hear that other noobs? follow by example)

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker alfox's Avatar
    hehehe your damn right.wish to have more noobs like him.ahehehe.well we still love all noobs here.....