Thread: New here, from Canada

1. #1 New here, from Canada 
    Hi guys. I'm new here from Canada. I have a PSP with 3.30 and I'm fine with that, not a home brewer and I like mostly flash games like solitaire so I'm happy with what I have. I like to make wallpapers for PSP, I like browsing ebay for faceplates. Eventually I want to get a second PSP with a white faceplate to use for Homebrew maybe, but for now I support Sony's firmware and hope to see a possibility of being able to play PS1 games without the PS3.

Anyway, I'm here mostly because I discovered faceplates and modding. I'm happy to be here and cruise the forums around and all that.

I have three gaming websites; my handheld gaming forum, which is currently on the fritz but the host is working to get it back online, is Handheld Harmony. I'm the only member right now, I started the forum this month and its hard getting people to join a new forum. Especially one that is not about homebrew or modding. The other two urls in my sig are my PSP formatted webpage and my handheld games blog, which is more Nintendo DS oriented but I just got my PSP so I'll be adding PSP stuff to it as well.

So anyway, nice to meet you everybdoy!
    Jenny

PSP Power Forum ~ For PSP Themes creation and discussion.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Sevanyr's Avatar
    Welcome to the forums. I understand you may be fine without homebrew, but don't upgrade any further. You're going to love it once you have it and any further upgrades lessens the chance that at some future point it will be possible for yourself.

Enjoy your stay, and read all the stickies.

What part of Canada are you in?
    Hong Kong TA-082 PSP-1006 /w Chotto Shot Camera, 8gb Memory Stick Pro Duo and GTA:LCS Unpatched.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker apathy96's Avatar
    Welcome to the forums man...I agree with Sevanyr, once you put a custom firmware on your psp u will never even think twice about Sony's firmware again. Everything looks and operates just like sony's firmware, it just allows you to play backeup games, play PSX games, play homebrew games, run homebrew applications...Anyway, hlad to see you here and hope you can get all the information you need. Take care....

I'm in Ontario, actually.

I want to get a second PSP for using homebrew apps, maybe, to mod and experiment with. But I don't have the money to risk bricking a $300 system and I don't have the money to replace it if something happens, so I'm just sticking with the PSP I have for now.

Just in this forum mainly to learn more about case mods and wallapers and stuff like that, because I'm an artist and I enjoy creating new things. I might make flash games for the PSP, official and homebrew firmwares, once I learn how to do that and I got two PSPs to play with.

Just got a new job, and moving into a less expensive (and nicer) apartment enjoy, so we'll see what I can get paid and afford.

I like to support the company that feeds my habis though. One of the reasons is that I was a Ragnarok player, and I saw how ragnarok development was slowly destroyed by free servers and hackers who stole their software, hacked it, and gave it out for free. There's a big long thread about that on an RO forum, but suffice it to say I'm wary about these sorts of things.

So even though I support independant game makers and open source OS, I'm not really in support of people who pirate games and plaigurize software. I really want to see Sony develop towards homebrew but keep their firmware secure from piracy as well. Maybe someday they'll get the right formula.
    Jenny

PSP Power Forum ~ For PSP Themes creation and discussion.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker alfox's Avatar
    wow another gamer here in psp mod.welcome bro and its good that your planning to get another psp for modding.hope youll try out the custom firmware,specially 303oec our favorite.youll see the difference and soon you might also think of modding your first psp.hehehe