Thread: I am highly interested

1. #1 I am highly interested 
    Junior Member PSP User
    Whas good everybody?

I have been browsing through the forums and i am loving the idea of modding. I have had my psp about a year and a half now. To quickly describe it i don't have any numbers under my umd door on either side anywhere (in other words i don't know which series it is). I have firmware 2.81 (unfortunately) But, I do have the unpatched version of gta:lcs. Unto which i have been told this is a good thing. I have searched but im 80% scared and 20% confused on my question. I want to go from 2.81 to 3.03oe-c. How would i go about that and not bricking my unit?

By the way the name is Mr.Qwiq (quick). I and diggin this forum, and yall have a good thing going here. I am pleased to be a part of it and i look forward to filling my head with knowledge from here as well as giving. I appreciate any replies.

THANX

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    well since you have unpatched GTA:lcs just upgrade to 3.03 Sony firmware. download from qj or something or the thread with every firmware here.
    after that refer to PSP tutorial to downgrade 3.03(very easy to follow). then after you have a 1.5 PSP find your CF you want like 3.03oe-c but i must say 3.40oe-a is very good and is actually better in my opinion.

Junior Member PSP User
    As noobish as i am, i know nothing of 3.40oe-a. But as long as it has the same capabilities and more im all for it. So i can go from 2.81 to 3.03 (regular) down to 1.5 and then back up to 3.40oe-a?

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    yes that is correct as long as you follow tutorials and don't skip over things and or try shortcuts your result will be a beautiful 3.40oe-a.
    make sure to back up your files

Junior Member PSP User
    Sweeeet. I appreciate the info and I'm about to get started downloading all the necessary things needed to get this started.

Junior Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf0491
    well since you have unpatched GTA:lcs just upgrade to 3.03 Sony firmware. download from qj or something or the thread with every firmware here.
    after that refer to PSP tutorial to downgrade 3.03(very easy to follow). then after you have a 1.5 PSP find your CF you want like 3.03oe-c but i must say 3.40oe-a is very good and is actually better in my opinion.

So where does GTA:LCS come into play in this equation?

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    Yea i talk to wolf on aim alot and i went from 2.60>2.71>1.50 and then to 3.03 oe-c n i dont mind it a bit i dont play to many psx games but everyone has there own opinnions onto what f/w they wanna run and what kind of features they want out of it because they have there own...just a noob trying to help
    2.6>2.71>1.50>3.03 oe-c <---Cant get anymore L33T

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker drizzle's Avatar
    1 - Welcome to the forums!
    2 - Don't double post here, the mods don't like that. (its where you reply to yourself, use the edit button instead please)
    3 - GTA comes in during the downgrade process. Once you have upgraded to the official 3.03 Sony firmware, you need to use a game save exploit to rewrite the firmware to 1.50 (downgrading). The unpatched GTA is the only game with save exploit, so its a must have for downgrading if your firmware is higher then 2.71 (i am pretty sure thats the highest with a direct downgrader without GTA). Its all explained in the official downgrader thread (by the user psp).
    Before you post please
    Read the sticky's Read the manual Use the search button Google it

Drizzle's so cool he sh*ts icecubes.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker apathy96's Avatar
    Welcome to the forums man, good luck on the downgrade and let us know if you run into any issues...

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker matrixsucks's Avatar
    In case you haven't found it, the official downgrading thread is here:
    Madd Kat IS HERE

Welcome.
    Today has been the most beautiful day I've ever seen.

Junior Member PSP User
    You guys are friggin great. One more quick question. Whats the difference between fw 3.03oe and 3.40oe? I mean is 3.40oe still capable of playing ciso/iso's homebrew movies things of that nature and still capable to have a web browser and the standard things?