Thread: Hey!

1. #1 Hey! 
    Junior Member PSP User
    Hi I am a new person to the PSP I already got the 1.50 download with the help of someone from a site. I really want to find out a lot of information about putting psx and snes games onto my psp. The only problem I have is I have only a one gig memory stick. I put breath of fire 3 on it the first day I got it, and I must say its a great Rpg. I really would like to know more info on where to download some psx games. Also I would like to know more about psp memory, from memory sticks to hard drive. Any help will be appreciated thank you!

One problem I am currently having though is after the firmware downgrades, and putting BOF3 on the psp I only have around 80 mb left on my memory stick.

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    welcome to the site

first, u need to install dark alex's custom firmware. 3.03 OE-C is the reccomend version. consult the stickies for info on it. obtaining psx games is your responsibiliy as piracy isnt discussed here. its just that we dont like free stuff, its about legallity and the chance of the site being shut down if we talked about it. as far as memory sticks go, theres a 8gb avalible for a few hundred bucks and a rather shitty hard drive @ 4gb
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Junior Member PSP User
    alright thanks Julie. now one question is if I update the firmware as you suggested will it delete game saved files?

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker drizzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by julie
    its just that we dont like free stuff
    I like free stuff... (Being a smart ass is free too )

Welcome to the forum. You will definitely need custom firware for psx emulation. Its hard to fit alot of stuff on the memory stick at once, so you'll be doing alot of transferring files on and off the card. You can move your roms, isos and save games to and from a computer's hard drive though, so its not too bad. You just cannot carry everything on the card at once... small price to pay for portable gaming goodness though.
    Before you post please
    Read the sticky's Read the manual Use the search button Google it

Drizzle's so cool he sh*ts icecubes.

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    its youre fault i made a typo... pmin me while im trying to help a newbie. you ass you.

but anyway, its a good idea to back up the savedata file before attemtping to upgrade to custom firmware. it wont delete the saves, but u never know. better to be safe then sorry right?
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Junior Member PSP User
    alrighty.... thank you and I will plan on doing the upgrade soon.

EDIT: Wow.... I just broke my psp today.... I always take it with me around the house and well lets put it this way I droped it into the toilet. It was only in there a second but it will turn on but black screen. I dont know what to do. I got it used from gamestop a week ago I wonder if there is a warranty?

Please use the edit button and don't double post.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker urineanus's Avatar
    why did you turn it on while it was wet! thats what f*cked it up. if you would have opened it up and let it dry out for a couple of days it would have had a good chance of working.