Thread: Got a PSP yesterday!~~~Hacked but quick Q.

1. #1 Got a PSP yesterday!~~~Hacked but quick Q. 
    I just stumbled on this forum yesterday. After reading for most of the day, I went to bestbuy and found a PSP with a K on the box. I got excited, bought it, along with a 4gig memory card.

This site was wonderful, and I was able to get everything running. Downgraded form 2.71 to 1.5 then upgraded to 3.03 something C =D Got all the NES roms I had laying around running. Fun times!

I do have a quick question: Is there any way to transfer files directly over the wireless network, without some kind of automated feed? or do I basically have to hook up the USB cable every time? I've spent considerable amount of time reading this forum (or I wouldn't have gotten it hacked and working with NES) but I couldn't find the information. My apologies if I missed the post regarding this.

Finally, thanks to all of you for making all these tutorials and homebrews. I'm truly thankful =P

Cindy

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    depends what files your transfering, ive downloaded the movies i wanted to watch directly with my psp, and some RSS stations have music, but if your downloading homebrew or something, youll need winRar, but otherwise, transfering files wirelessly, i dont believe its possible without nethost and such, but dont quote me! lol

are you too lazy to connect the usb cable to the psp every so often?

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker alfox's Avatar
    wow im impressed with you cindy.now you have a modded psp.welcome to pspmod and enjoy your psp....

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker apathy96's Avatar
    Good work, glad to see you got everything working...As justin mentioned above nethostfs is one way you can go...i don't believe their in a tut on that at the moment, I am PLANNING on doing one, but I have been rather busy lately and have not gotten around to it...1 day i will have it done

5. #5 Got a new modded Psp just today too :) 
    Aloha peeps! I just ran outta office today and got myself a modded PSP. I'm on Cold Turkey from World of Warcraft and there's only so much you can do on the 360 so here I am hanging out with you guys LOL!

I'm sure there will be loads for me to catch up on this forum but just wanna say a HELLO to you all.

Cheers!

Thanks for all the replies! I'll definitely be checking out nethostfs. Hopefully I can figure it out without a tutorial =D

What I was really hoping for was some kind of thing like "usb mode" but instead "wireless mode" and having the PSP appear as a networked computer. Maybe that's exeacty what it is but it sounds more like push technology used in RSS feeds =P

And yeah, its mostly because i'm too lazy to hook up a cable, even though my keyboard, monitor, and pc all have usb outlets. Lol!

Cindy

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    Quote Originally Posted by alfox
    wow im impressed with you cindy.now you have a modded psp.welcome to pspmod and enjoy your psp....
    Ditto, welcome.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker drizzle's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum. You can set up a file server but you'd still need a homebrew app like file assistant to move the files around once you've dl them to your psp. There might be a more direct method other then usb, but not sure.
    Before you post please
    Read the sticky's Read the manual Use the search button Google it

Drizzle's so cool he sh*ts icecubes.