Thread: Hey hey

1. #1 Hey hey 
    Brother sold me his PSP real cheap, not a scratch on it, 1st thing I did was hunt for the goodies and came across this great site. So ya, hey all ^_~/

Guess I'll go fishing, I saw allot of nice mods and dying to try em out. Thanks to the peeps for creating such a sweet site.
    This game we call Life pwnz

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker apathy96's Avatar
    Welcome to the forums man, what firmware version you got? Hope this site can help make your psp the way you want it bro...good luck

3. #3 Ta-081 
    Current FW is 2.60. Just checked my mobo version and it's the IC6001, older/better mobo (from what I have read in the last couple of hours) He had it for a long time, just never used it, lol. I'm currently searching for exact steps on how to be able to play my PSX games on it. Either I hit the pipe too much, mad tired, or there really is 100 different versions of FW out there lol >.< I'll have troll thru forums when I am not so tired, -.-

Quick question ...what is currently the best FW version out? Hacked/Unhacked. I'll be using PSP for Media/Gaming but NOT for testing, just for entertainment. And I got such a deal on it the LAST thing I want to do is brick it.

O, and thx for the warm welcome Glad to be aboard!

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    Welcome, and the best firmware is depending on which gaming you want to do.

I personally use 3.03 OE-C and emulate Final Fantasy on it.

Ahh, very good. FFT was the 1st game I planned on emu'n Been playing FF since 8bit days. Time to do some research, thx again.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker drizzle's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum. I would suggest updating to the official sony firmware of 2.71, then using the easy downgrader to go from 2.71 to 1.50. Once you are at 1.50 you can update to custom firmware. You'll probably want to go with 3.40 OE-a since it has the most psx compatibility. Some good stickies to check out would be the official downgrader sticky, the all firmware available for download sticky (to get the official sony 2.71 firmware you'll need before dongrading) and then head over to the firmware section and into the custom firmware subsection to get info about custom firmware. You'll need custom firmware to play psx games unless you own a ps3 and want to buy them from the playstation store.
    Before you post please
    Read the sticky's Read the manual Use the search button Google it

Drizzle's so cool he sh*ts icecubes.

After doing some reading that sounds like the best idea drizzle. Thanks for the heads up man. And thanks, glad to be aboard. Looking forward to playing the best oldschool on my PSP!