Thread: N00b to Hacker in Record Time

1. #1 N00b to Hacker in Record Time 
    Hi All,

I suppose this is my intro/thanks a million speech [flame away, lol] but pspmod really did help me out tremendously. I bought my used PSP on Sunday - simply because I had been eyeing it for some time and was pretty bored. That day, I brought home a stock 2.71. In a matter of 2 days I have the thing running 3.40 OE-A, homebrews, streaming TV, way more than I thought possible with this blank slate. Thx a million to all, esp jsh and julie for all the crystal clear tutorials.

2.71 -> 1.5 -> 3.40 OE-A

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Madhatter's Avatar
    ah no flaming here *wink* welcome to the boards and congrats on the downgrade
    The Ability To Talk Does NOT Make You Intelligent
    <br>
    Quote Originally Posted by Tay Zonday
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

Thx! I feel like a kid in a candy store. I haven't been sleeping well since there's much to download lol. I've also been runnin around like a nut waiting for my 4GB mspd that's in the mail... heh.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker
    lol welcome! and congrats on modding. Nice to know someboyd actually reads the previous posts we've made instead of creating a new thread just asking "how do i mod". But if you do have any questions that are completely stumping you, don't hesitate to ask.
    is it just me, or do newbies ALWAYS have the worst fucking grammar and spelling known to man?!

Retired Moderator PSP Elite Hacker Julie's Avatar
    good to know that people actually use my tutorials and guides.

welcome to the site
    R.I.P Zoidberg

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker drizzle's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you were able to use the info already here to get yourself hooked up with the world of homebrew. Enjoy the site and hope you stick around for a while
    Before you post please
    Read the sticky's Read the manual Use the search button Google it

Drizzle's so cool he sh*ts icecubes.

Member PSP User
    Yeah no probelm, we do all that her and help you out with your psp modding and even hardware.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP SkengD's Avatar
    yeh julie u really helped me out 2 , i got my psp yesterday and in a few hours i was playing everything i wanted it for

btw ur a hottie but that dog looks like a killer

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker alfox's Avatar
    well welcome here bro.and im glad you learned a lot from this forum....congrats and enjoy your psp.....

Junior Member PSP User
    I'm with you. Just a few days ago I didn't even know what "firmware" or "homebrew" even meant, and now I know exactly what to do and how to do it, thanks to Julie and Drizzle's help, and the amazing tutorials on these forums. Now I simply can't wait to get my PSP next month - I've already prepared everything. :P

On a sidenote, is downgrading to 1.5 and then upgrading to a custom firmware really as easy and smooth as it sounds, or did you run into some problems? My biggest fear is bricking my PSP.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneder
    I'm with you. Just a few days ago I didn't even know what "firmware" or "homebrew" even meant, and now I know exactly what to do and how to do it, thanks to Julie and Drizzle's help, and the amazing tutorials on these forums. Now I simply can't wait to get my PSP next month - I've already prepared everything. :P

On a sidenote, is downgrading to 1.5 and then upgrading to a custom firmware really as easy and smooth as it sounds, or did you run into some problems? My biggest fear is bricking my PSP.
    It really was as easy as it sounds [for me]. After reading through some of the "BRICKED!" posts, I was a little nervous, but everything went off without a hitch. Just remember when downgrading - Julie wasn't kidding when she said it may take a few tries before it actually works. Then the upgrade is a snap.

Good Luck!
    2.71 -> 1.5 -> 3.40OE-A -> 3.51M33 ->
    3.52M33 -> 3.52M33-4

[shameless blog self-promotion] :: LifeInFoc.us

I agree, if you have an ounce of common sense Modding is not that difficult. I've had some experiance with xbox modding and various other consoles, and it's refreshing to be able to mod the psp without hardware alterations. (unless you bricked it ofcourse )

(Now let's hope everything goes as planned when I pick up my LCS copy at the postal office tomorrow, i'd hate to make a fool of myself )

Enjoy your psp!
    The path I've walked:
    2.81 --> 3.03 --> 1.5 --> 3.40OE-A