Thread: Hi all

1. #1 Hi all 
    Junior Member PSP User
    hey wats up

I'm new here and I'm going to get a mem stick for my PSP so I can start modding it. Anyways, just wondering how much GB I should buy.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker
    Hey, and welcome. I'd recommend anything above 2GB to get started. I currenlty use a 4GB and it's almost enough for me. There's even some up to 8GB. If you purchase off of ebay though, make sure you try to stay within the U.S. (or whatever country you live in) and make sure they have return policies- often, memory sticks can be fake
    is it just me, or do newbies ALWAYS have the worst fucking grammar and spelling known to man?!

Junior Member PSP User
    I'm thinking of 4GB as well, but is it enough for maybe 2-3 games, some movies, some songs etc.. (How big is a game exactly?)

I would buy 8GB, but it's around $389.99 up here in Canada...+ tax would be around $400.. more expensive than the PSP itself

A game backup can be anywhere from 100MB to 1.5 GB. So depending on the types of games you play, you could do anywhere from 3 games to 13. For a general idea:

RPGs: Usually 800MB +
    Action: Usually 200-600MB +
    Fighting: 100MB-1GB (Tekken is the only 1GB fighting game i've run across, all others are usually below 600MB)
    Sports: 100MB-400MB
    PSX: 600-700MB
    SNES: 0.5-3 MB
    N64: 5-10MB

Granted, these can vary, but that's just for a loose reference to see. Also remember, 1GB = 1024 MB just incase you didnt know
    is it just me, or do newbies ALWAYS have the worst fucking grammar and spelling known to man?!

Junior Member PSP User
    Alright thanks

so if I get a 4GB mem stick is it actually 4GB of usable space?
    Also: Sony or Sandisk or others(if there are)?

Actual useable space is 3.7 GB. If you're buying online, stick with Sandisk. I believe the people who make fake sticks use sony's magicgate name. If you buy in-store, it shoudln't really matter. As far as pro duo's go, i don't htink any other company makes them?

Junior Member PSP User
    I'll probably buy in-store, dont wanna wait for shipping.

Sandisk is usually cheaper, but is there a reason for that?
    And why are 8GB so expensive lol Aren't they all the same inside, or is it the demand that bumps up the price

the fact that it's newer technology as well as the demand. Basically the same as the computer market works. New computers always in the thousands of dollars, while ones that are just a year or two older are in the hundreds.