Thread: Hello.

1. #1 Hello. 
    Hi,

Having been interested in buying a psp for a while now, I started looking on google for mod's, as I heard sony's firmware was extremely restrictive.

As I searched, I came across this forum, and after browsing a few topics, I couldnt help but buy a psp myself.

There is one problem however, I checked the downgradeable firmwares, and though 2.81 had a downgrader not requiring LCS, turns out I didnt read well enough, and now I'm stuck with sony firmware.

Now, I thought I need a 2.0 version of LCS, and I think I found one in a local shop, but I'm not entirely sure it's the right version.

I read on ebay the downgradeable LCS UMD's have the ULES-00151 number on the box, but are all boxes with this number the right version to downgrade, or do the patched versions have the same number?

EDIT: I do not have the UMD in my possesion yet, my question is that if I where to buy the ULES-00151 UMD, would I be buying the right version?

Any help appreaciated, thank you,

Hiddenshadow.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Madhatter's Avatar
    Welcome to the forums! Pop in the UMD and scroll down until you see the firmware update icon. If it says 2.0 your in good shape. ^_^
    The Ability To Talk Does NOT Make You Intelligent
    <br>
    Quote Originally Posted by Tay Zonday
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

Quote Originally Posted by Madhatter
    Welcome to the forums! Pop in the UMD and scroll down until you see the firmware update icon. If it says 2.0 your in good shape. ^_^
    Thank you Madhatter.

Although, I seem to have misstated my problem, the fact is, I dont have the game yet, and I'm asking if the UMD the shop has, is infact the right one,before I make the purchase.