Thread: wazzup

1. #1 wazzup 
    Junior Member PSP User
    how do you download must update to 1.5 PSP step by step

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    Sorry "DAWG" can't be done as of yet.. keep in touch though we are pretty close to finding out! Welcome to the nut house!

Senior Member I Modded My PSP reesepbc's Avatar
    Wow, my welcoming tag line has been adopted.... I don't have anything to say to new members now. :O
    Man, we've come a long way since Pong and tape drives. I was there in 80 and all I got was this videogame addiction!

Sending them a private message with "welcome to the nuthouse" would have kept it on the down low ... lol

Senior Member I Modded My PSP reesepbc's Avatar
    I actually think it's pretty cool that everybody likes it.
    Man, we've come a long way since Pong and tape drives. I was there in 80 and all I got was this videogame addiction!

lol, it's like a new fad in these forums "welcome to the nuthouse" good job! lol

helloooooo everyone
    I would brag about how much better i am than u guy no just kidding hahahahahahaha
    xbox360+ps3+psp=
    very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very
    HAPPY

- a DS.............even better

8. #8 hooking up hardware? 
    a thought occured to me today, is it possible to connect an ipod or similar large capacity mp3 player to a psp via the usb connector?
    as the mp3player has its own power source would the psp see it in the same way it sees a pc? how about usb memory sticks, would it see those to?
    i havent tried it as i dont want to hear my precious psp begin to fizz `n` pop with smoke coming out of it !!
    anyone have any info on this ??

the reason being to view photos,video from either mp3 or usb mem stick instead of loading them onto the ms duo

uj
    PSP+Midnight Club 3= happiness

BPT
    what? i dont under stand could u explian more

maccabi723
    The usb port on the psp will only act as a usb device (slave) and not as a host which would be required to allow the use of usb mass storage.

The fact that the camera/gps attachments seem to obtain power from and talk to the psp fine, it seems there is a means of having the port behave as a host, but it is not available for the purposes you want (the system software doesnt support it).

Generally a USB slave port wont supply power as it could fry the port of whatever host device (PC) you connect it to, in addition to not being able to communicate with other slave devices. Since the camera/gps seem to be defying that rule, unless the power is supplied through the 2 screws they use to attach to the psp, there is a (small) chance someone may enable usb mass storage inside a homebrew app or (even less likely) in the XMB (the PSPs menu) itself through a custom firmware.

that sounds about right, thanks for that,
    PSP+Midnight Club 3= happiness