Thread: Out of Nowhere

1. #1 Out of Nowhere 
    Hey everyone,

I'm amazingly happy that i came along this website because now ill be able to, much like everyone else here, learn every book in the trade of modding PSP's.

Going back a while now i used to change firmware etc on Apple Ipods and other small products so moving onto a gaming console is a pretty big step for me.

I set out today looking to buy a psp, and after about three trips down to the local shopping center i managed to obtain nearly everything i need.

PSP Slim Line Model (White)
    Magic Gate 4gb Pro Duo memory stick
    PSP Accessories with data cable

I've been reading around the forums noticing that many people are not using the new Slim Line model mainly because modding it seems harder? Or the fact that they don't want to fork out another $279 AUS to purchase a "Slimmer" product with some minor enhancements.

Now realizing this i thought i should ask, being brand new to the modifications of PSP's and all, if there are any decent versions of firmware for the slim line psp and if so what is the best one i should use?

Well, guess ill be learning a lot about these mini consoles over time.

Cheers,
    scottAY

Senior Member I Modded My PSP nigeluno's Avatar
    Welcome, you are bout to undertake a project that is both fun and interesting. I have 2 of the early models of PSP so I can't be of much help with the slim but there are others here who will be glad to give you a hand at modding you slim and the first thing that you may want to do is to make a unbricker in case you run into a problem that makes your unit inot a useless paperweight,start here Pandora's ULTIMATE Magic Stick Release
    It may seem strange at first but it get's easier as you go along. Don't be afraid to ask for help anytime
    God made man but the Moneys applied the glue

Ok, so being a PSP mod newbie, i didn't manage to come across much of the terminology used on/about the modding of PSP's.

An unbricker being ? Im completely new to the PSP scene, so treat me like i know nothing

Senior Member I Modded My PSP EngrishKiller's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scottAY View Post
    Ok, so being a PSP mod newbie, i didn't manage to come across much of the terminology used on/about the modding of PSP's.

An unbricker being ? Im completely new to the PSP scene, so treat me like i know nothing
    PSP modification dictionary
    This link is a good source for you, so you can understand the psp modding speak.

Tutorial: Install 3.60M33on the PSP SLIM
    And this link should get you started on hacking that PSP.

So, once i decide that i want to change the PSP's firmware is there a way of changing back to the 3.60 that it came with?

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    you dont need to. the latest custom firmwares have it incorporated into it, so you get all the features of that and homebrew.

also youre sig is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by chinese people View Post
    you dont need to. the latest custom firmwares have it incorporated into it, so you get all the features of that and homebrew.

also youre sig is awesome

Ah thank you Chinese

And my sig was a 3 minute job in photoshop i was quite pleased hehe