Thread: Just got my first psp!and i think i got scammed!

1. #1 Just got my first psp!and i think i got scammed! 
    I just found out about all the possiblities that the psp can do ,so i did my homework(at least i thought i did)and i decided that i want a fat psp,(cause i'm a noob, and thought i would easier to hack).So i went on ebay and found an awsome deal on a psp already hacked with a custom firmware 3.52 m33.And the seller was local to me!only 20 min away!So i convince him to "sell it now", and that i would meet him so i could see the product.I checked all his ebay feedback and everything looked great, nothing negative,awsome.Long story short,(too late!)i met him,saw that it did indead have the 3.53m33,paid him,and got a memory stick and a umd game the next day to test it out.
    Well what i found was the analog stick sticks to the bottom!!Just my luck.I called the guy(mind you we keeped in contact up untill i paid him of coarse),left him two messages and he never called me back.I read here to try taking the cover off and tighten the screws?I gave it a shot only to find one screw just wont turn!I have a feeling this guy kept adjusting the screw only to finally stop. So my question to you guys is,what should i do now?I have this fat psp with 3.52m33 but i cant play any games!

Senior Member I Modded My PSP woogle84's Avatar
    Its not that big a deal, buy a new analog peace from ebay or were ever. and replace it your self its really really easy to replace. A total noob could do it. Just take off the 5 screws for the face plate, take off your face plate. Attached to the inside of your plate is the anolog take out the two screws and put the new on in, put every thing back to gether and it will work fine.
    Here is a link to a new one, there really cheap.
    www.CoolMods.co.uk

oh, and welcome to the forum.
    Last edited by woogle84; 11-23-2007 at 05:24 PM.
    GOOGLE is your friend, use it

Thanks for replying.I guess you missed the part where i said that i started to remove the screws to remove the cover when i found one screw that won't turn.Seems to me the previous owner tighened the screw till it moves no more.i was thinking about bringing somewhere ,maybe radioshack to remove this screw.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP leeishom's Avatar
    i suggest you visit the nearest harware store and try to find a driver thatll NOT strip the screw...

from the looks of my psp, typical philip's head screws....

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Karlos's Avatar
    Its a Phillips triple 0 (000) size screwdriver, buy one as any other will destroy the screw heads, good luck.

BTW welcome to the forum ekans.
    All Hail To Pandora's Battery

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    I almost stripped the heads on my old PSP, worst thing i coulda done to it, Be Careful!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart13
    PWNED BICH DONT EVEN ATTEMP TO MAKE AN INSULT..
    [!]