Thread: Hello everybody

1. #1 Hello everybody 
    hello people of the pspmod forums, i just traded in a bunch of gamecube and xbox games so i could enjoy the psp.

and i found your corner of the net, just thoght i'd drop a line and say hello.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker IONz's Avatar
    Welcome to the nu......oh wait that's someone else's welcome greeting....um.....WELCOME!

Senior Member I Modded My PSP reesepbc's Avatar
    Welcome to the nuthouse man.
    Man, we've come a long way since Pong and tape drives. I was there in 80 and all I got was this videogame addiction!

Junior Member PSP User
    I can say welcome now that i am a member of the community. Though i am of the fraction of the people who are pretending they have psp
    Once upon a midnight dreary, while I websurfed, weak and weary,

Over many a strange and spurious website of 'hot chicks galore',
    While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning,
    And my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour.
    "'Tis not possible," I muttered, "give me back my cheap hardcore!" -

Quoth the server, "404".

5. #5 Help 
    HELP I NEED HELP AND INFO ON WHAT I NEED TO GET SOME GAMES FOR MY PSP. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO. SOMEONE TOLD ME ABOUT THE SITE. IM LOST. I JUST DOWNLOADED
    SOME SNES FOLDERS AND I DON'T KNOW WHERE THEY GO OR WHAT ELSE I NEED. I CHECKED MY PSP AND I HAVE 1.50.
    CAN ANYONE HELP.......

Junior Member PSP User
    i can give you general direction. You need 2 memory cards and one with ms swap on it (ms swap being a downloaded piece of software). After that i have not a clue where u place emus and roms , im waiting to get my psp to get more indepth.
    Once upon a midnight dreary, while I websurfed, weak and weary,

Over many a strange and spurious website of 'hot chicks galore',
    While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning,
    And my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour.
    "'Tis not possible," I muttered, "give me back my cheap hardcore!" -

Quoth the server, "404".

7. #7 Compression rates... 
    erickson_89
    How much memory should I expect a full length movie to consume out of a 1gig memory stick? I'm not familiar with compression..I assume less compression results in a larger file. Is that correct? If I download a full movie at the highest compression rate, what is the downside? will I lose audio quality? If someone could advise pro's and con's of higher vs. lower compression, I'd appreciate it.

The site pspblender.com advertises movie downloads (unlimited, supposedly) for 37$. Anyone belong to this site? - Sounds like a good deal if it's for real.

shortys38833
    Well, It really depends what movie it is buy lets just say a regular DVD is like about 5.70 GB But just a movie plan movie with out anything I say 100-400Mbs
    Hahaha, Is really a guess but thats what i think...

Well I don't trust website that you download stuff sometimes they bring viruses and fucks up your psp. But I have some website that I have total Trust in it and here they are
    1.)PSP, Free Sony PSP Downloads, PSP Movies, and PSP Video Download at PSP.Connect.com
    2.)PSP Downloads
    Well I hope they work for you

maccabi723
    Sites advertising downloadable full movies like that are illegal and generally just charge you for info on accessing existing free peer2peer networks.

I havn't encoded a full movie for psp in a while, but I believe they averaged around 450-600mb for a decent quality encode.

The more you compress a video, the lower the quality but the smaller the file. Modern video codecs generally have a 'sweet spot' where you get the best quality returns for the filesize. Go above this range and it will look better, but improvement will be lesser for the additional filesize, go below and you could have encoded at better quality for not much additional filesize.
    It's really trial and error to find what balance you want.

A video file with too much compression will exhibit some or all of the following: pixelation (the image goes blocky when there is much motion on screen), motion will loose fluidity (when the camera moves around it may seem jerky), the image will be blurry and or colours wont look as good. Audio is a separate stream within the video but if you compress it too much you generally get a lack of clarity: explosions or loud noises wont sound good, i cant really explain it, compare a 32kbps mp3 to a 192+kbps mp3.

Videos should always be encoded from a good quality source.
    Use pspvideo9 to compress your own videos, I really don't advise paying some dodgy site to let you download videos in the psp's format.