Thread: Hello!

1. #1 Hello! 
    Hello everyone. I am brand new to the PSP scene, having shied away from it for a couple years now. My friend bought one, and after tinkering with it a little bit, I decided I really wanted one. A few days later, the same friend decided he didn't have the time to play it, and he sold it to me (along with a free Patapon, one of the few games I want for the system).

The biggest reason why I want a PSP is so I can get some homebrew on it, however having done a little bit of research, I have absolutely no idea what to do. I have once had a GP2X and have done homebrew/emulation with that, but this seems to be much different.

What am I supposed to do if I want custom firmware, and will custom firmware allow me to do everything the PSP un-firmware'd could do, such as play all games, use the browser, download demos, etc? Which is the best custom firmware, if there is more than one?

My PSP is a brand new PSP Slim from the Daxter bundle, and the current firmware is 3.80.

Thanks in advance!

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker DarkFoxSniper's Avatar
    Well first of all I'd like to welcome you to the site.Second..for a Slim PSP model you will need something we like to call Pandora's Battery.I would suggest you go read up on it and learn about it before you attempt anything.This site has some very good guides.Also just a little side note...Pandora is the only way for a Slim.

Quote Originally Posted by iedwardsIII
    In the words of DFS, go die.

PSP Motherboard F.A.Q. Coldboot Tutorial

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker valledor03's Avatar
    welcome to pspmod.
    PSP 1000 => 6.39 ME 9.1
    PSP 2000 => 6.39 ME 9.1
    PSP 3000 => 5.50 GEN-C

27/06/2008 12:58 PM DarkFoxSniper
    PS3 is Sony's baby..what do you expect...PSP is like..their bastard child
    15/03/2008 12:18 PM valledor03
    i thought electro, helped you?
    15/03/2008 12:19 PM jonesy1181
    he told me to suck his balls
    thanks to:
    dark alex
    darkfoxsniper

I've been looking into the whole Pandora's Battery deal, and I really don't understand what I need to do and how to do it. I've looked at some places and they're telling me I do the Pandora's Battery with a hardmod and then other places tell me I can do it with a softmod but I need two batteries and two memory sticks and I need to send it to someone for them to softmod it for me.

Can someone clear this up? I'm really confused.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker NuMB3Rs's Avatar
    ok, since you dont have a psp with custom firmware, you need to hardmod it. hardmod is when you modify it from the inside. theres guides on the net. and you can make the magic memory stick on a computer
    I hold the Ban Guitar.
    "If a man cannot pee on his fans, I don't want to be in show business anymore"- Dave Chappelle

Want To Advertise On PSPMOD?
    READ THIS

psp4lyf
    welcome to pspmod mate

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker pokey8349's Avatar
    welcome mate to pspmod
    Quote Originally Posted by julie View Post
    i can only imagine you making halo references during sex lol

"oh god... the flood is coming... ahhhhhhh"
    NEW SITE-RECRUITING STAFF JOIN>> www.modifyurpsp.co.nr

Trust Unto God and He Shall Direct Your Path

Visit the site for free ISO's and movies! - http://cristgaming.com/pirate.swf

On another forum that I frequent, I have people telling me to send my battery and memory stick to someone so they can do a softmod to the battery to convert it to a pandora's battery.

And thanks everyone, for the welcomes.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Rohit_CoolDude812's Avatar
    welcome to pspmod

1.50-3.10OE-3.52m33-3.71m33-BRICK-UNBRICK(PANDORA)-3.71m33-4-3.90m33-2-3-4.01m33-2-5.00m33-2-3