Thread: New to all this.... and confused even more

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 New to all this.... and confused even more 
    Junior Member PSP User
    Hey
    I just got my PSP, the Daxter bundle at ebgames. I dunno if it's the same thing going on around everywhere right now, cuz ebgames wuz doing a promotion on trading 8 of your old games to get the bundle, well, that's what i did.
    Anyways, I've been on the forum for two days now, I was hoping the guide section might be for newbies, the more I read, the more I'm confused. by the way, I'm not saying it's a terrible site, just saying if I was a little more educated on everything, I would be doing great =)
    I read all the terms, and read quite a bit about everything... but still confused
    All i want to do is play a bit of homebrew games on the psp... but now... i'm completely confused about everything... like pandora battery , the customer firmware (so many versions, where do i start?) unbricking? still don't get it!

LOL! Sorry... complete newb here!
    Thanks in advance for any help!
    And yes, I did try doing the (search) button...

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker NuMB3Rs's Avatar
    WTF 8 GAMES FOR THAT BUNDLE OMG I GOTTA GET A HOLD OF THAT

*clears throat* you need to research the pandora battery and magic memory stick.
    I hold the Ban Guitar.
    "If a man cannot pee on his fans, I don't want to be in show business anymore"- Dave Chappelle

Want To Advertise On PSPMOD?
    READ THIS

Junior Member PSP User
    LOL! sorry to make you mad buddy! The promotion wuz suppose to end on March 15th, now it's TBA for ebgames, it's happening all over vancouver! I had to run around just to find the daxter bundle. And if you ask, they give you the black core bundle too that's worth $269, LOL! now help me after I gave you so much info! HAHAH

o its only for canada.... damn

well, in order for the psp slim to run homebrew is to get it on custom firmware. search for pandoras battery and magic memory stick
    I hold the Ban Guitar.
    "If a man cannot pee on his fans, I don't want to be in show business anymore"- Dave Chappelle

READ THIS

Junior Member PSP User
    O.o thanks! I thought it'd be alot harder, after what you told me to look for, the tutorials in this forum makes it sound easy!
    But for the slim, I'm reading that it's unstable for us to get custom firmware? and all I need it to make my own pandoras battery and the memory stick? which one of the guys on the forum made an amazing tutorial on how to do it, but he also stated it's unstable, is it true? well, I know modding any system, console or handheld, it's never stable, but is it that bad?

O.o thanks! I thought it'd be alot harder, after what you told me to look for, the tutorials in this forum makes it sound easy!
    But for the slim, I'm reading that it's unstable for us to get custom firmware? and all I need it to make my own pandoras battery and the memory stick? which one of the guys on the forum made an amazing tutorial on how to do it, but he also stated it's unstable, is it true? well, I know modding any system, console or handheld, it's never stable, but is it that bad?

CFW is stable. you could brick, but a pandora battery can fix that. all you need is the pandora and MMS. the most stable CFW is 3.80 m33-5. nah its not bad
    I hold the Ban Guitar.

READ THIS

Junior Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by NuMB3Rs View Post

CFW is stable. you could brick, but a pandora battery can fix that. all you need is the pandora and MMS. the most stable CFW is 3.80 m33-5. nah its not bad
    LOL! Now i just got confused back to step one again. Okay, so here it goes, just get the pandora battery done and the magic stick done, i know there are several guides on this site.. which one should i follow? (reminder, i just picked this psp up, so i guess it's at it's newest version, and it's a slim) =) guide me to the right guide, and i'll follow the steps! LOL!

I hold the Ban Guitar.

READ THIS

Junior Member PSP User
    Thanks so much! it's been alot of help from you! and LOL! ONLY YOU!

yea but i couldnt of learned anything if it wasnt for the helpful PSPMOD members
    I hold the Ban Guitar.

READ THIS

Junior Member PSP User
    LOL! true! Btw, I forgot to mention this, I upgraded my PSP =(
    it's on version 3.92, the newest, will that still work?

Junior Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by eternity302 View Post
    LOL! true! Btw, I forgot to mention this, I upgraded my PSP =(
    it's on version 3.92, the newest, will that still work?
    Yes It will work mms and pandora will put cfw on any firmware

Junior Member PSP User
    So just follow the instruction in that link, and i'll be fine right? thanks guys!

yup happy modding
    I hold the Ban Guitar.

READ THIS

Junior Member PSP User
    hey numbers, sorry to bug you once more before i start on all this, will i still be able to run the genuine umb psp games? like if i bought it from the store?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast