Thread: Is this Mandatory?

1. #1 Is this Mandatory? 
    It seems as if being a newb....i have to make a newbie thread. Therefor. Here it is.

I got my PSP a couple of weeks after they came out. I only have a 512 mb card, but it does the trick!

I've got a couple wicked games. I haven't really gotten to into my psp...just strictly gaming. I finally found someone around the area with wireless...so i went on the internet on it for the first time two days ago....

I don't know what else to say. But this seems like a pretty cool site.

jsh
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker jsh's Avatar
    welcome, this site is filled with information about practically anything. search around some and read the stickies

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker drizzle's Avatar
    Yeah, welcome and read up. Do you know what firmware it is though? That makes a difference in what you can do with it. (Settings>System Settings>System Information.... its the version number)
    Before you post please
    Read the sticky's Read the manual Use the search button Google it

Drizzle's so cool he sh*ts icecubes.

Quote Originally Posted by drizzle
    Yeah, welcome and read up. Do you know what firmware it is though? That makes a difference in what you can do with it. (Settings>System Settings>System Information.... its the version number)

Uhm i uploaded Version 2.0...if thats what you're wondering....it's doesn't really say anything else there except for the MAC address...and i don't think that's what you want. hahaha

this is going to take me a bit to get used to how thsi site works...

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker jrmdb3's Avatar
    Hey man..dont worry its easy to get the hang off..2 things I would suggest you do..is DONT double psot..and search before you ask..tahts basically ALL we ask of new commers......and yes 2.0 is good if you're inot Homebrew..stick with 2.0
    some games i suggest are SOCOM (if u have aiwreless) and GTA..both ReALLY good gameswelcome to the forums

Your fellow PSPMod.com Super Moderator. -Jrmdb3
    "Live life to the fullest"
    GAMERTAG: Jrmdb3

Basically don't repeat something someone else has already posted? That goes for all forums. hahaha.

Yeah, i have GTA and Socom. What's so great about 1.5? And what do you mean by homebrew...

Junior Member PSP User Mr. Lizzard's Avatar
    hey cow bay .........Langford bc checkin in

hahaha uggghhh langhole!

You should move to vic...or james bay or something. haha

yeah langhole ..guesss you havent left that basement of your mothers in a few years

you need to get out more often

cowbay? AKA THE RES

I wasn't insulting you...someone's a little fucken touchy.

And incase you didn't know Tzouhalem is the res...

close enough...post whore!

Quote Originally Posted by Superalee
    And what do you mean by homebrew...
    Homebrew software is software for the PSP not made or endorsed by Sony, such as console emulators (nes, snes, etc) and custom games (doom, tetris, stuff like that), etc. The 2.0 firmware update does something to disable the usage of these homebrew programs, so most homebrew fans are sticking with 1.5 so they can play all their games. It seems like some people have cracked the 2.0 firmware however, because a limited number of homebrew games do work on 2.0 now.

A lot of people use 2.0 or above however, since the 2.0 firmware upgrade comes with an internet browser and some games (such as Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories) only work on 2.0 firmware and above (due to video codecs, as far as i can tell).

It is possible to downgrade from 2.0 to 1.5, but no real method exists (that i know of) to downgrade from 2.1 or above. There are lots of threads about it in the homebrew section, but as far as i know, none of them have been proven to work all the time yet.