Thread: I Have Absolutely No Idea About Anything!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 I Have Absolutely No Idea About Anything! 
    Junior Member PSP User
    I managed to get my mitts on a broken PSP, my sister was going to throw it out because it cant play any games (just doesnt seem to detect them) which is not a problem im worried about. I seen that my mate managed to get emulators on his PSP and other cool stuff but i dont know anything about mine. It came with no box or inf, its just a PSP with a charger. I just wanted to know a few things of you lovely chaps.

a) how can i tell if mine can get emulators (i think its the pretty standard 'first series' i guess)

b) And how do i put them on there, from scratch, i keep on looking at the info but it says i need this and that first and im just confused.

I admit i am a simpleton, i just need things explained in black and white sometimes. Thanks very much for your time if u read this, even more so if u help me out.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    First, you need to check what firmware your psp is currently running on. In order to do this, you need to go to the 'system settings' menu and under that you will find 'system information' which will show you the firmware version. If it states a certain number and an 'm33' or 'oe' next to the number, then it means your psp has custom firmware already. If there is only a number mentioned, then your psp is running on official firmware. Please tell us your firmware version and then we will help you out accordingly.

Junior Member PSP User
    Cheers Mate, well mine says:

System Software: Version 3.71
    Nickname:
    MAC Address: 00:02:C7:B8:02:24

Hope Thats The Right Info

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    OK. So your psp is running official firmware 3.71. In order to get emulators on your psp and play games on it (such as iso or cso format), you need to install custom firmware on it. To do this, you will need a pandora battery and a magic memory stick. Use this guide to make the pandora battery:

http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-har...ery-guide.html

Then use this link to make the magic memory stick:

http://www.pspmod.com/forums/sony-ps...not-requi.html

After installation, if you keep the mms files in the memory stick, it lets you use your pandora battery as a regular battery.

Follow the instructions carefully.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Krunk_Kracker's Avatar
    You need to not show people your mac address, lol.

Your UMD drive may be broken...which with custom firmware is ok, as long as you can access it via USB.

First you need a Pandora Battery. Buy that.

Then there are tons of guides on the net, but I'll link you to one that I made:
    Lets flash that PSP Slim! - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

That's should basically do it for ya
    NEW PSP SLIM W/ OFW v3.90 ~> CFW v3.71 m33-3 ~> CFW v4.01 m33-2 ~> CFW v5.00 m33 ~> brick! (doh) ~> CFW v.4.01 m33-2 ~> CFW v5.00m33-3

Junior Member PSP User
    Whoa! Hahaha, OK Man, on it now...

Wish me luck

Junior Member PSP User
    OK, just to relieve my worries....Is it supposed to be this damn hard to get the battery casing open?

hahahaha

Yeah, fats are a pain in the ass to get open.

I really wouldn't pandora a battery unless it's one of those easy SLIM batteries.....once it's a pandora you won't be able to use it unless you reverse the pandora job...why not just buy the battery I linked to you?
    NEW PSP SLIM W/ OFW v3.90 ~> CFW v3.71 m33-3 ~> CFW v4.01 m33-2 ~> CFW v5.00 m33 ~> brick! (doh) ~> CFW v.4.01 m33-2 ~> CFW v5.00m33-3

Junior Member PSP User
    Hahahaha, because im a broke student with no job or income atm.

ok....well......is the Pandora something you can reverse? 'Cause if not, you wont be able to boot the PSP regularly anymore...

Junior Member PSP User
    In all honesty chap the PSP was free and broken anyhow. So im willing to mess it up a bit. If the worst comes to worst then im gonna have a broken PSP, which is exactly where i was in the first place. If i do manage to mod it then its a bonus. Hahahaha. No disrespect at all i hope.

This pulling the pin thing is actually nervewracking.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooksy86 View Post
    In all honesty chap the PSP was free and broken anyhow. So im willing to mess it up a bit. If the worst comes to worst then im gonna have a broken PSP, which is exactly where i was in the first place. If i do manage to mod it then its a bonus. Hahahaha. No disrespect at all i hope.

This pulling the pin thing is actually nervewracking.
    haha.

I know its nervwracking, that's why I was telling you all the things that could happen. :thumb:

Junior Member PSP User
    I appreciate the concern, ok quick before i do it, do i completely remove the pin from the curcuit board or just pry it off?

I cant really tell from the pic im looking at

Just barely pry it up...all you want to do is interrupt the connection. Do it as little as possible...that way all you have to do is just barely press it to get it back to normal.

Junior Member PSP User
    JESUS CHRIST! I pried it up and a saw a wee red flash and a bit of smoke, so i whacked the battery back in the PSP quick and it works fine...Was that normal? The pin im using is singed! Hahahaha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast