Thread: OK I Think i Did It But...

1. #1 OK I Think i Did It But... 
    Junior Member PSP User
    Literally done, got the black screen with lotsa white letters on it, the reinstall one i guess. But everytime i turn on my PSP it keeps on reverting back to it.

Is this Normal?

Or have i missed something?

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Sniper_IX3's Avatar
    We have no idea wat ur talkin about.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker canadianbacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sn!p3R View Post
    We have no idea wat ur talkin about.
    Speak for yourself, nubble.

TO OP;

You need to take out your pandora battery after installing it lol, plug in the AC first, boot it up then put in the battery (if you need to revert it back to normal).

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Sniper_IX3's Avatar
    nubble.....lol.

Junior Member PSP User
    Nope didnt work. I spoke to someone on that chat box thing yesterday and he/she was very helpful but the advice unfortuntely didnt work. Remember here, im a technological dumbass, hahaha. Ok ill explain whats happened to my PSP and the problems i got trying to make the advice ive been given work. Ok..

If i turn on the PSP with just the AC then im greeted with all 3 lights but nothing on the screen, initially it would load up but now it wont.

If i plug in the PSP with the pandora battery then im greeted with the same screen that i had when i did the MMS thing with all the hite letters sayinmg stuff like 'press x to install' and 'hold L +R and Start and Home to Dump (dangerous)' or something like that. I hit X and after loading up for a while the PSP goes back to a black screen with no lights. Before it would get to a point and say 'Installation successful, press X to restart' or something. When i did press this it kept on returning to the aforementioned load up screen.

Now the advice i was given was to do the MMS proces again, now i would do this but every site i been on says 'now switch on your PSP and put it in USB mode' which you can see is impossible for me. Now there is probably a way for my PC to sorta rape its way into my PSP and force it to see the USB but again im not sure how to do this, or even if i can.

Im so sorry if i sound like an utter Noob here, and im sure some people are reading this and thinking 'if you dont know anything about technology then why try and mess with it' but hey, we gotta try somewhere. Hahaha. So far the people who have given me advice have been amazingly helpful. I just wanna know what the hell has happened. I used this guide:

http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-har...ery-guide.html

word for word. I got to the point where it says 'press X to install 3.71 m33-2...just set the psp down, do not take out the battery..it should say "install sucess. press X to reboot" press X' on the guide but my PSP didnt say that message. If that helps, it said something pretty close though.

Sorry if this is a long rant!

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker DumpsterDiver's Avatar
    I recreated the scene, but couldn't get any of the results you did. It's possible your MMS wasn't complete.

Junior Member PSP User
    is there any way i can redo the MMS without access to my PSP? Annoyingly i dont have a memory card reader either...

Yea, there is. A memory card reader. =P

You could make your own reader, but that would cost money. Keep an eye out for people with devices that use pro duo memory cards. Or, bring a laptop into target/walmart/bestbuy, install a camera that has a pro duo slot to the laptop, and format the stick there.

And if you do it, have a friend record it so we can see the dumbfound people going "what the fuck is that wierdo doing??"

Junior Member PSP User
    Hahahaha, that the only way?

Well you can't use your PSP, and you don't have a reader, so to access the card you have to use external means. So if you have a laptop, you could try doing it. =P