Thread: Hi All

1. #1 Hi All 
    Thank you to all you great people with the tutorials for modding the psp. I have made a pandora battery, my mms and got my firmware installed to 5.00 M33-3. To do this I got my psp and it had 3.52 official firmware and I upgraded to 4.01 cfw and then updated to 5.00 M33-3. I had no trouble with doing this and the PSP will play umd games and function without fault. But after reading more I got a bit worried that maybe I should of downgraded first then upgraded. I keep getting the error of (the game could not be started 80020148) when trying to run UMD DUMPER V0.2 from my memory stick. I have done everything like put a UMD in, Change the settings on recovery mode ect ect, But I cant get it to work. Could someone please help me with this as Im not quite sure where Im going wrong and now have spent 2 nights searching the web for answers but with no victory. Also can I take this time to thank the people that take all the time and effort to create the firmware, tools and tutorials that enable us to enjoy the PSP so much more

Well done Guys

Member PSP User
    well for one the cfw has a built in function that can be used as a dumper

and u might be trying to run a 1.50k game on either a slim or a phat that doesn't have the 1.50 kernel on it

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    In Order To Dump A UMD You Need To Boot Your PSP Normally And Press The "Select" Button At The Main XMB Menu.

A Small Submenu Will Open Up, Now Scroll Down To "USB DEVICE" And Change It To When It Says "UMD" - While Your Here Also Change Your "ISO MODE" To "M33 Driver".

Then Click Scroll Down And Select "Reset Device" And Your PSP Will Reboot.

Now When You Put Your PSP In USB Mode (Or if You Have The Auto USB Detect Mode In 5.00 M33-3 Turned On Then The Next Time You Plug Your PSP Into Your Computer) Put In A Game And Close The UMD Door.

And Your Computer Should Show A Single File Something Like Say: "63823.ISO" Or Something To That Extent.

Now Just Click And Drag That File To Your Desired Folder On Your Computer.
    And Rename It To Whatever The Game Is Called. (Making Sure You Leave .iso At The End Of The Filename)

You Can Now Either Copy The RAW ISO Onto Your PSP's Memorystick Into A Folder Called "ISO" (Without The Quotes) Or Compress It First With A Program Like PSP ISO Compressor.

Link Below:

http://iqvtuw.blu.livefilestore.com/...4.zip?download

(I Personally Recommend Compressing To A Level 8 Compression Ratio .CSO File)

Hope This Helps

Thanks JOKesTER i have followed your great guide and Im getting the file on my computer but its in a RAR file. Is this right? Im running on Vista Black edition, would this make any difference? My PSP I believe is a phat one. Did I have to downgrade and up grade. Im really at a loose end as this is the first time I have played about with a PSP. Xbox 360's not a problem but im just not getting it with this lol. Can someone really go into detail about the kernals and firmware and what games will run on each ect ect. Any help will be so much appreciated