Thread: Noob and Need Help

1. #1 Noob and Need Help 
    Hey Folks,

Ok. I have been reading a bit here and there. I Simply bought a PSP at a local Wal Mart. Got some flying to do and wanted something to pass the time.

I bought the Midnight Club racing game and enjoy it a bit. But now that I am reading here I am wonder what about a few things.

I am completely sorry about not understanding these things in advanced but I must know. I love building and tweekin my computer.

So Let me start Asking the questions.

1) Why mod the Battery (Pandora)?
    2) Which Firmware is the right firm ware?
    3) What are the purposes to make several mods listed here?
    4)Why change the memory stick?

#3) I imagine like any other computer software, PSP is proprietary and they don't want you making changes. But what are the really needs to make all these changes and how will I know which is really something I need vs something I don't?

Welp Sorry about begin so vague about these topics but the only way to learn is to ask the stupid questions.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP noside12123's Avatar
    1. When did you buy the psp??

1a. Ok, in order to be able to install custom firmware(a firmware that is custom ) you need to have a pandoras battery,and a magic memory stick(a special memory stick you can make in order to install custom fw)

2. There is no right firmware, you can have any kind of firmware on your psp. But custom firmware is the best

3.The purposes to do all the mods is to make your psp look cooler than it is, to make it more useful(like being able to install homebrew, which is apps made for the psp not created by sony), and to make the psp alot funner and more exiting to use.(i LOVE mine )

4.Im not sure what "Change means" but im assuming your question is, why change the memory stick into a Magic Memory Stick. You change the memory stick into a magic memory stick so you can use the pandora battery to install custom firmware.

Links:
    More Info on the pandora battery and magic memory stick

another guide about pandora batteries

Hope this helps
    Rains ULTRALite MMS Maker(4.01)
    Harry Frith's MMS maker(4.01)

Please Wait as the world ends......

*****SICKMODS*****

^^^^GO TO THIS SITE^^^^

Awesome Start.

I have heard of home brew, What is it? And What are some of the custom apps worth having?

I noticed on your tag line that you seemed to have installed several updates of firmware. Do I need to install by building as you did or do Install the latest over my current config. And no one minds their toys looking coller than they are.

Can I change my current battery to a pandora's and my current memory stick
    As they are stock. I also notice a "Slim" battery and "fat" whats the difference?

As a noob, How do I know my current Firmware version and what is the first step in the process to get moving on building a new shiner toy?
    Last edited by fitblaze; 11-29-2008 at 01:55 AM.

Many PSP users will be happy using their handheld to play commercially released games and movies, but there are always people who want more. There have been some interesting games developed by homebrew programmers, as well as useful utilities such as a calculator and an instant messenger program. More than that, homebrew can be fun, and it represents the ultimate challenge to an amateur programmer.
    "Homebrew" refers to programs such as games, utility software, and the like, that are made at home by individual people (as opposed to development companies). There is an awesome site that have all the psp hombrew your can imagine, here

You can just install over your latest, i just have the very long timeline Becky my psp is almost 4 years old, i bought it 2 hours after the very first psp was released

I need this answer, when did you buy the psp, and what firmware is it on?(go to settings, system settings,system information and tell me the firmware)

Oh, and a slim battery is, well , for a slim psp and a fat one is for a fat psp

I need to know because sony has psps that have new motherboards and batteries that cannot be pandoraizable, or you cannot install custom firmware.
    Last edited by noside12123; 11-29-2008 at 02:03 AM.

*****SICKMODS*****

^^^^GO TO THIS SITE^^^^

It says version 5.02

My Battery is also a bit different than many of those in the pictures. Mine says it is a 3.6 v
    and 1200mAh

I took a quick peek at an emulators programs, Am I to understand that there are programs to make the graphics better and stuff for the PSP's?
    Last edited by fitblaze; 11-29-2008 at 02:08 AM. Reason: I am also in need of learning how to record movies onto my memory stick as I am doing some traveling soon

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think your psp is unhackable!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because SONY released new psps with unhackable motherboards!!!!!!! Im very sorry if you cannot hack it

But just to make sure, take out your psps battery and look on the back and check the model number, it should look like PSP-XXX(X is the number)

I havent heard of programs that make the graphics better and stuff

If you want a hackable psp, you have a greater chance by returning the one you have now, and look on the internet or on ebay for a psp that is the daxter edition or the star wars one, because these are hackable

*****SICKMODS*****

^^^^GO TO THIS SITE^^^^

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Fayko's Avatar
    circuit city usally has about 20 dexter psps and bestbuy usally has one or two laying round this is that if you cant hack your psp.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP roboman342's Avatar
    Yes the Daxter ones are hackable. I think those are the PSP Slims and not the PSP 3000s. The 3000s are the band spanking new shiny Silver ones that are up till now nearly unhackle but people are working on it. Your best bet is buying a PSP Phat the original one or the Darth Vader/Daxter ones.
    1.50>3.40-OE>3.71 M33>5.00 M33-3>5.02 GEN-A(FULL)>5.50 GEN-(FULL)>5.50 GEN-B2(FULL)>5.50 GEN-D>5.50 GEN-D2. Emulating SNES, NES, GB, GBA, GG, N64, PSX, and IRshell.

Quote Originally Posted by roboman342 View Post
    Yes the Daxter ones are hackable. I think those are the PSP Slims and not the PSP 3000s. The 3000s are the band spanking new shiny Silver ones that are up till now nearly unhackle but people are working on it. Your best bet is buying a PSP Phat the original one or the Darth Vader/Daxter ones.
    I am looking at return this one and buying one from Circuit city , Best Buys or game stop. What EXACTLY am I looking for. What does it say on the packaging, What color is it. I would hate to buy another one that is the same in a different package.

Junior Member PSP User
    when these guys get you streightened out you should look into getting psp tube
    or pspkvm
    they helped me use my psp as a computer

▀▄▀▄▀whats up m8?▀▄▀▄▀

mine's a RED god of war one.

and it's hacked.
    pandora battery? magic memory stick? get started here.

have you ever heard the word "attribute?" / attributes describe God's got so many vibes, some of them i have to shoot / shoot - eternality just to start it off / OffTheTimeline, He was here before we started off...

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Fayko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fitblaze View Post
    I am looking at return this one and buying one from Circuit city , Best Buys or game stop. What EXACTLY am I looking for. What does it say on the packaging, What color is it. I would hate to buy another one that is the same in a different package.
    i suggest the daxter pack a game a movie and 1gb of free memory what could be better deal then this?
    Oh and my daxter is hacked :P

oh, one question, is there a small hole beside the psp logo at the bottom of the psp?? if there is your out of luck, for now

*****SICKMODS*****

^^^^GO TO THIS SITE^^^^