Thread: What is the best psp to get?

1. #1 What is the best psp to get? 
    Hello all I am new to psp and am wondering what version to get for modding.(3000, 2000, Japaneese, used, new, etc). If the 3000 is best but can be moded later I would choose that because of the new hardware (screen). If it has something built in that prevents modding then I don't know what to look for. My main concern is gaming thaough I am chosing a psp because of its multemedia capabilities (mp3, web brousing, video, etc....) Please help

bunnies ate my brain PSP Elite Hacker clwnz's Avatar
    3000 cant be modded. and the screen sucks. yes it you can ACTUALLY play in thes sun but thats if the interlaced screen doesnt bother you >=[
    1000 (phat) for hardware mods and homebrew. (best)
    2000 (slim n lite) is ok. good for hombrew and some other mods.. this is the one i have but i wish i had a phat =[

"I got ice in my veins,
    blood in my eyes
    Hate in my heart,
    love in my mind..."

Guide: OFW to CFW|Free ISO/ROMS!|OFW EBOOT|Guide: CFW w/o Pandora!
    MySpace|Homebrew Thread|PSP Folder Organization

Quote Originally Posted by KhAoSxChAoS View Post
    I facepalmed so many times, I have a fractured forehead...

So losing video out is worth it? Will 2000 apps ever cath up???

Junior Member PSP User h0micidal apple's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by clwnfrmdwntwn View Post
    3000 cant be modded. and the screen sucks. yes it you can ACTUALLY play in thes sun but thats if the interlaced screen doesnt bother you >=[
    1000 (phat) for hardware mods and homebrew. (best)
    2000 (slim n lite) is ok. good for hombrew and some other mods.. this is the one i have but i wish i had a phat =[
    I have a phat and what are the thing you can get on it that you cant get on the slim?

Modder Of The Dark Arts PSP Elite Hacker R()H@X's Avatar
    you can use the phat as a universal remote.also i tend to disagree with the fact that phats are better for hardware mods and homebrew,cause slims actually have more internal space in the system to add more,and with more ram and stuff,it takes better.phats more cluttered.thats why on youtube and such most the mods done are on slims.phats are alright i guess,but seriously from holding a phat from a friend and using my slim,the 2000 series is really much better

Junior Member PSP User h0micidal apple's Avatar
    hmm... Thanks for the info, sounds like slims are better but i'm stuck with my phat.