Thread: Greetings and HELP PLEASE!!

1. #1 Greetings and HELP PLEASE!! 
    Greetings from Canada.
    Just bought a silver PSP slim that has 5.02 firmware. I've been trying to change the firmware to 1.50 or a custom with no luck. My only interest is for it to play downloaded games. I have made the Pandora battery and used a variety of tools to try to create the MMS. When I reboot the device (holding the left trigger or not) it just boots normally. When I goto the games menu I can see the firmware to install but the device just reports that there is no need to upgrade - that I have 5.02. ANY HELP would be appreciated.

Homebrew Creator PSP Elite Hacker Mobster's Avatar
    did u try remaking the pandora battery? if it boots normally, that means the battery probably isnt working. if it turns on with just a black screen, that means you need a new mms. also what programs did u try to make a mms with?

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker zII Snowman IIz's Avatar
    Hello and welcome to pspmod!

This helped. I've figured out that it's a problem making the pandora battery. I believe this because when I put the battery in it doesn't automatically come on and it just boots normally. I'm wondering if the new slims have countered this mod for the moment? I tried both methods (cutting the pin and 'etching' the metal next to it). Any other suggestions other than buying a pre-made pandora battery?

Quote Originally Posted by mobsterbouma View Post
    did u try remaking the pandora battery? if it boots normally, that means the battery probably isnt working. if it turns on with just a black screen, that means you need a new mms. also what programs did u try to make a mms with?

Homebrew Creator PSP Elite Hacker Mobster's Avatar
    not really. i just went ahead and bought mine from online.