Thread: July 7th, what version psp will i get?

1. #1 July 7th, what version psp will i get? 
    Hello I am new to the forum and i am going to buy a psp today, but i am wondering if it is july 7th, will they have the 1.51 version and up in stores or will i get the v1 or 1.5? cause i want to have all the homebrew action. Thanks and ive enjoyed reading this forum!

right now i think youll be safe as long as you dont shop at eb games, they are starting to get their new shipment
    http://www.pspmodrevenge.zoomshare.com/
    A complaint about the complaint box....YUMMY!!
    Xboxlive Gamertag =chaosdude78

PSP LINGO
    http://pspmod.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2609#post2609

Thanks happy gaming

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker IONz's Avatar
    Welcome to the forums

"Think for yourself, question authority" - Timothy Leary

5. #5 How do i find my Friends WEP? 
    BuckSavage
    alright ive been searching for ever how do i find what my friends WEP is?

maccabi723
    You mean your friends wireless internet connection?
    I don't think theres any messing with WEP keys for ad-hoc (2 psps connecting directly to one another) so I'll assume you do.

You need your friend to get into the setup of his/her wireless router (generally through a web-interface).
    If your friend didn't set up their own wireless network, you'll need to get them to ask whoever did to show them how to get into the router's setup.
    Then you just need to find the WEP key in the encryption/security section of the router's setup and enter it into the psp.

I guess if your friend has a computer connected wirelessly to the router, you can probably find the WEP key in that systems networking/wifi setup also.

I could be completely misunderstanding what you're asking, please provide a little more detail if I am.

Shinji06
    Well if he doesn't want to give the WEP to you can still get it but it takes several hours lol.

BuckSavage
    no you are understanding that question right. but my question is.. where would the WEP key be under.. like what file or folder or what i looked for a while and couldnt find it.. i know what im doing when it come to computers to an extent. i didnt really want to have to contact his router customer service to connect to his internet with my PSP, just figured someone could ppoint me to the right folder/file to find it.

maccabi723
    If the only pc he/his family has is connected to the router via a cable, then you will need to find the manual (or try googling the brand name and 'router ip') for the router to find its address.

For my billion (brand) router, its 192.168.1.254
    I just type that into my web browser, it asks for a login and pass. If you get this far try admin/admin - that seems to be a common default but it really should have been changed when set up.

Once your into the routers setup you can just browse to the wireless security section and type the wep key you find into your psp.

If the friend has another computer in the house that connects wirelessly to the router, you should be able to find the settings through control panel. The only computer in this house that connects wirelessly is running windows 2000 and uses a 3rd party program that came with the wireless card to access the network (it shows up in the system tray next to the clock), i can find the wep key in there also in the settings screen for the connection that is set up.
    If they do have a computer connected wirelessly and its running windows XP its probably under the properties of the network connection in use (control panel/network connections).

There is no need to contact his ISPs help desk, you just need to find it in one of those places.

mr amnslayer
    How do u get a WEP youself