Thread: HeLLo!

1. #1 HeLLo! 
    Junior Member PSP User TREBULATOR's Avatar
    HeLLo!!

Here are a few things about me:
    I am a gaming junkie with one, ehh..., two working systems [the GP32 and PSP] [my PS2 broke cuz thats what old PS2s like doing] [plus I did one of the most impossible ways of breaking my Gamecube... breaking it from overplaying it... appearently I melted the lazer from playing it 4 days straight [leaving it on without playing during each day for 1 hr], and I'm pretty sure I've turned it off like 3 times for an hour each in that period...].

I am a BIG old skool as well as nu skool fan... actually anything is fine in generation's terms.

And I have a tendency to make REALLY big posts...

Pspmod.com seems like a really cool site to start posting and is also the first site I've read anything homebrew on the PSP. Even though GP32X.com and MindlessSelfIndulgence.com's message boards burnt me out on posting [especially the MSI boards, most of the people are either a*****es or stupid, or both, with an exception of 3 of the 100 or so frequent posters], I will probably post here often.

I am usually very nice on the boards and try to be helpful.
    See ya!

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker IONz's Avatar
    Welcome

"Think for yourself, question authority" - Timothy Leary

Member PSP User
    welcome to pspmod we are glad to have you...enjoy
    Every man is an artist. It just depends on how good he is at it. My art is death, and im about to paint my masterpiece.

4. #4 Post your 3.03 firmware experiences here 
    Administrator PSP Elite Hacker admin's Avatar
    If you have upgraded to the latest 3.03 firmware please post your experiences here.

I upgraded over a week ago and I have had no issues at all

shortys38833
    I like it expecialy the RSS channels and the auto Umd shut off... But the only thing I don't like no homebrew games Waaa...

Shinji06
    Why would you guys upgrade?

maccabi723
    Lanacane: Pity you upgraded.
    The custom firmware 3.03OE-A' provides all the features of 3.03, plus homebrew plus the official psx (ps1) emulator has been cracked to allow it to run almost any psx game you have an image for.

Junior Member PSP User
    What are all the differences in firmware? Mine says 3.03 and runs awesome...so far. There must be other things you can do with older versions that you cannot do with newer ones. So I am stuck with 3.03? Is that bad?

Administrator PSP Elite Hacker admin's Avatar

Freedick
    guys you shouldn't like 3.03 firmware

givemeyourtots
    i just got fw 3.03OE-A (2.71 TA082 -> 1.5 -> 3.03OE-A), and I can't play my 1.5 homebrew stuff, and I couldn't get a game to work either... I hear that you can use the recovery file to go back to 1.5. Has anyone tried to "go back" to 1.5 and is it going to be a pain to switch back and forth between 1.5 and 3.03OE-A?

Any suggestions for games to test out fw 3.03OE-A on my psp?

Member PSP User
    I have 3.02 on mine currently and will go to 3.03 eventually even though I bought it with 2.71 on it. I honestly don't really care much for homebrew and while I wanted the PS1 emulation, I can live with picking up the few I like thru Sony on the PS3.

I cant run anything on it does anyone have a 2.70 downgrader??

maccabi723
    Nikeboy: Try creating a folder named game150 in <psp's drive letter>:\PSP\ (the same place as your 'game' folder and putting your homebrew games in there.

PATT: First you need to find out if your psp is a TA-82 version of the console.
    THIS Image shows you how to check.

Whether or not your unit is a ta-82, it is downgradable.

You will first need to update to 2.71 with THIS official 2.71 update.

Once you are running 2.71 you need to install Dark Alex's HEN-D (Homebrew ENabler version D) found HERE. This will allow the downgrader to work.

Once you have done those 2 things you will be ready to use a downgrader.
    If your psp is NOT a TA-82: Use THIS downgrader.
    If your psp IS a TA-82: Use THIS downgrader

Both of these downgrader programs require the official firmware 1.5 installer which you can download HERE.

I STRONGLY recommend you read up on the process and ask any questions you have in a forum with a lot of people who have used these downgraders already before you try to downgrade your psp.
    I reccomend the psp-news.dcemu.co.uk or pspupdates.qj.net forums.

Not knowing what you are doing and making a simple mistake can brick your psp. This is not a process you should take lightly, it is not as simple as say installing the latest official sony firmware.