Thread: Hello all!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
  1. #1 Hello all!! 
    Member PSP User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    40
    I'm new to this whole modding biz. My buddy has a psp and a whole lot of cool shit on it so I went and bought one two days ago. My problem is, there is soo much info out there I dont know where to start. I have a psp-2001 with 3.8 firmware. Can that be modded?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Hacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,319
    welcome to pspmod and yes your psp can be modded just buy a pandoras battery from pspmodshop...after you do this i will help you with the rest
    Great sig made by Major zero
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Member PSP User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    40
    Will you only help if i buy a battery, cause my buddy has one and he is mailing it to me. Should be here in a day or so.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Hacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,319
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeCheese View Post
    Will you only help if i buy a battery, cause my buddy has one and he is mailing it to me. Should be here in a day or so.
    ok after that you have to make an mms just google rains ultra lite mms maker and put the files in the root of the memory stick
    Great sig made by Major zero
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Member PSP User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    40
    Well thats the part I'm most confused on. Does psmod shop sell a MMS for a psp-2001 with 3.8 firmware?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Member PSP User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    40
    I downloaded the Rain's UltraLite MMS Maker but it says in the read me file "Rain's UltraLite MMS Maker for 4.01 M33-2/DCv7" does that mean i have to update my firmware to 4.01 first? Or is that the custom firmware it will install on the psp? Also, is the firmware included in the program or do i have to download that to?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP g_tech9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    308
    welcome to the forums and there is no need to upgrade to the ofw

    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-sof...-xp-vista.html

    try this guide for more extentsive info



    "I've known since yer in ya moma's womb"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Remember Reach PSP Mad Hacker Fanryu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    724
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeCheese View Post
    I downloaded the Rain's UltraLite MMS Maker but it says in the read me file "Rain's UltraLite MMS Maker for 4.01 M33-2/DCv7" does that mean i have to update my firmware to 4.01 first? Or is that the custom firmware it will install on the psp? Also, is the firmware included in the program or do i have to download that to?
    All you need is a hackable PSP. The 4.01 means that's what CFW you will get when you install it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Member PSP User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    40
    Thanks for all the info! Everyone has been very helpful. Once I get the pandora battery I will try this and hopefully I wont screw up my psp.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Remember Reach PSP Mad Hacker Fanryu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    724
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeCheese View Post
    Thanks for all the info! Everyone has been very helpful. Once I get the pandora battery I will try this and hopefully I wont screw up my psp.
    Even if you do, having the pandora battery solves all bricking problems. If you brick, no big deal. Remake the MMS and insert your pandora batter and voila you aren't bricked anymore.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #11 got pandora battery 
    Member PSP User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    40
    Ok I got a pandora battery, the directions say to turn on the psp via wall charger with no battery, then insert pandora battery to charge. When I put the pandora battery in nothing happens. The battery charging icon does not come up in the upper right hand corner. Is there some trick or is the pandora battery bad? any ideas??
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #12  
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Hacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,319
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeCheese View Post
    Ok I got a pandora battery, the directions say to turn on the psp via wall charger with no battery, then insert pandora battery to charge. When I put the pandora battery in nothing happens. The battery charging icon does not come up in the upper right hand corner. Is there some trick or is the pandora battery bad? any ideas??
    )
    insert the battery first dont turn on then plug into ac adaptor let it charge till 75%+(2 and half hours)
    Great sig made by Major zero
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #13  
    Member PSP User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack3r View Post
    )
    insert the battery first dont turn on then plug into ac adaptor let it charge till 75%+(2 and half hours)
    tried that, the orange charging light does NOT come on
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #14  
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Hacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,319
    just leave it for awhile it might charge without telling
    Great sig made by Major zero
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #15  
    Member PSP User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    40
    I'll try it but if it doesnt charge then I'm going to have to buy one. And since you suggested buying one from pspmods thats where I'll get it!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •